FFXIV Letter from the Producer Live LXXIX Summary
During this week’s Tokyo Game Show, Naoki Yoshida held the 79th Letter from the Producer LIVE, detailing the last major patch for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. Patch 6.5, Growing Light, will release on Tuesday, October 3, with more minor patches coming later down the line. You can watch the trailer right here, with all the information that was shown listed below:
What’s to Come in Patch 6.5
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New Dungeon
- The Lunar Subterrane
- New Trials
- The Abyssal Fracture
- The Abyssal Fracture (Extreme)
- New Alliance Raid
- Myths of the Realm Part 3: Thaleia
- New Unreal Trial – The Singularity Reactor (Unreal)
- Duty Support for Stormblood added for:
- The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Burn
- The Ghimlyt Dark
- Duty Support will now be available for all Main Scenario Dungeons from A Realm Reborn through Endwalker!
- Island Sanctuary Updates
- New Sanctuary Ranks and Visions
- New Gathering Area in the wilds
- New crops, isleworks handicrafts, animals, structures, and more
- Felicitous Favors
- Fall Guys Collaboration (Patch 6.5x)
- Collaboration content coming soon to the Manderville Gold Saucer!
- Miscellaneous Updates
- New Custom Deliveries: Margrat
- New consecutive aetherial reduction function for collectables
- Green dot indicators on newly logged fish in the Fish Guide
- Ability to store optional items in the armoire
- Option to sort teleport destinations by expansion (Can be enabled from the teleport settings menu)
- New reward for obtaining all trial mounts in the 6.x patch series
- Item level restrictions for Duty Roulette: Alliance Raid based on level
- EXP and Allagan Tomestone rewards for each Alliance Raid adjusted according to difficulty and time required for completion
What’s to Come in Patch 6.51
- Splendorous Tools
- Variant & Criterion Dungeon #3, Aloalo Island
- In response to feedback, new rewards are in the works for Savage Mode)
- (Rewards intended to be useful in increasing item level)
- New Crystalline Conflict Arena: The Red Sands
What’s to Come in Patch 6.55
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor Continues
- Endwalker Tribal Alliance Quests
- Requires completion of the Arkasodara, Omicron, and Loporrit Tribal Quests
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Further Manderville Weapons
This time around, the job adjustments are mainly to balance damage output between jobs within each role, as well as an increase to potency of certain job actions. Further details will come with the full patch notes during Maintenance on October 3!
The next segment of the Live Letter started out with a quick look at the upcoming MSQ Trial The Abyssal Fracture as well as a look at the new Crystalline Conflict map.
- Crystalline Conflict UI Adjustments
- New settings to permanently display affiliated team to the left of the minimap and/or HUD
- New line on the field indicates the “Comeback Point” – how far the losing team must progress to turn the tide
- New setting to display a countdown timer ten seconds prior to commencement of overtime
- Enhanced Progress Gauge
- Effects for certain actions, pets, etc. adjusted to indicate ally vs. enemy
Additional demonstrations included a first look at the next and final Alliance Raid Thaleia, showing of the Heaven of Water and its first boss, Thaliak.
Following, Yoshida showed off different new gear sets, both for the Alliance Raid, as well as rewards from Trophy Crystals and other sources. New mounts, minions, and housing items are also coming as is tradition with each patch, all of which you can see in the slideshow below. Note that some of these additions will come with Patch 6.51 or 6.55!
Planned Improvements to Server Infrastructure
- In the interest of expanding our server infrastructure options in the future, the use of cloud data centers is under consideration.
- A North American cloud data center will be temporarily implemented for the purposes of a public stress test, to be held during the 6.5x patch series.
- (The Data Center selection screen will display the cloud DC as an option upon 6.5’s release, and it will be accessible once the test commences.)
- Further details regarding the cloud data center stress test will be revealed at a later date on the Lodestone.
Announcements and Merchandise
We got a first glance at the next collaboration with a teaser a while ago and now we got the full details of the upcoming KFC and FFXIV collab. As of right now, it is exclusive to Japan and will start on October 4, the day after Patch 6.5 goes live.
More interesting for international fans was the repeated announcement of the first official Final Fantasy tabletop RPG ruleset which is set to release May 2024. The starter set is now available for pre-order from the Square Enix Store.
Next up, was the announcement of the 10th Anniversary Fireworks & Music concert in Japan, followed by the announcement of the customary Patch Note Reading during the maintenance for 6.5 on Monday, October 2 at 4:00 am PDT, meaning we will have a full 24hr maintenance prior to the patch!
As previously announced, the release of Growing Light will also mean an end of the current PvP series as well as the end of the 10th anniversary Moogle Tomestone and Rising events. If you haven’t hit the grindstone to get the items you wanted, you only have until the servers go offline for maintenance!
All images courtesy of Square Enix.