FFXIV Endwalker Guide: The Aetherfont
Spoiler warning: This guide contains information from the FFXIV Endwalker Patch 6.4 Main Scenario!!!
The Aetherfont is a Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker dungeon. It’s available at level 90 as part of the quest Going Haam. It can be completed via the duty finder and is part of the Patch 6.4 Expert Duty Roulette.
Never be afraid to take a dungeon at your own pace, but for the purposes of this guide, we’re going to be speaking in terms of multiple group pulls.
Encounters 1 & 2
1 Haam Frostbeat, 2 Haam Aurelia, & 4 Haam Otodus
- Icestorm – A large conal AoE aimed at a random player, cast by the Frostbeast.
- Aquatic Lance – A large circular AoE aimed at a random player, cast by the Otodus.
Encounters 3 & 4
4 Haam Aurelia, 2 Haam Halonid, & 2 Haam Frostbeast
- Upsweep – Unavoidable, arena-wide damage.
- Tidal Breath – An AoE that covers the half of the arena in front of the boss.
- Body Slam – This does minimal amounts of unavoidable arena-wide damage, but also summons up clusters of ice from the ground.
- Upsweep – This has the same damage as before, but this time will activate the ice pillars that Body Slam produced. Each pile of ice will visibly resonate, then after a few seconds, each ice patch will explode in a circular AoE. They’re not huge, but they’re bigger than the size of the ice might make you think.
- Body Slam – Damage and ice clusters like before, but the ice pillars are larger.
- Upsweep – As you might guess, larger ice means larger explosions. You may wish to preemptively adjust your positioning to avoid the large circles.
- Floodstide – This will be cast while you’re waiting for the resulting AoE circles from Upsweep to resolve and put a traveling, pink AoE circle on all players as they do. Spread out! Then one player will be marked with a party stack. Un-spread out!
- Tidal Breath
- Body Slam – This time both small and large ice pillars will appear, covering what looks like the whole arena, but the small ones will explode before the large ones. Make note of where the large ice pillars are and move to a place where you can easily get out of their large AoEs after the small ones explode, then adjust to not get it by the small ones. After the small ones explode, move into the safe left over gaps. If you get stuck toward the larger ices, though, Don’t worry. As you’ll see in the clip below, you can move across nearly the entire arena at a normal pace as long as you don’t hesitate.
- Tidal Breath*
- Sonic Bloop – (What?!) A tank buster.
- Body Slam – This is the big ice only version again.
- Tidal Breath
- Body Slam – This is the version with both large and small ice pillars.
- Repeats from Tidal Breath until defeat.
Encounters 5 & 6
6 Haam Auk, 2 Haam Troll, & 2 Haam Yakow
- Uppercut – A conal AoE aimed at a random player by the Troll.
Encounters 7 & 8
3 Haam Golem, 6 Haam Auk, & 2 Haam Crystal
- Earthen Heart – A circular AoE aimed at a random player by the Golem.
- Hard Head – A circular AoE aimed at a random player by the Crystal.
- Battle Cry – Unavoidable, arena-wide damage.
- Lightning Leap – Arkas will place a circular AoE near the edge of the arena and jump to it. A series of four-ish arcs of lightning will lance quickly across the floor, some of them splitting as they go, and dividing the floor into thin slivers of safe space. Give yourself plenty of room, the lightning arcs on the floor are large than they appear sometimes, and you won’t have much time to adjust.
- Lightning Leap
- Ripper Claw – A tank buster.
- Spinning Claw* – A point-blank AoE centered on the boss, followed by 4 linear AoEs in a vaguely cross shape from that same center point. Give yourself room once again, as the lines of lightning on the floor explodes in wider lines that the initial animations let on.
- Battle Cry – The time the floor will also be ringed in a donut of danger. Standing in this applies the Electricution damage over time debuff. And you thought it was a small arena already!
- Lightning Rampage – This is the same as Lightning Leap, but done in the small space and a liiittle bit faster.
- Lightning Rampage
- Lightning Rampage
- Lightning Rampage
- Lightning Claw – A party stack AoE that leaves a circular vein of lightning aether on the ground. This will explode shortly in a point-blank AoE.
- Ripper Claw
- Electric Eruption – Unavoidable, arena-wide damage, plus 3 circular lightning AoEs placed randomly in the arena.
- *Repeats from Spinning Claw until defeat.
Encounters 9 & 10
6 Haam Polycrystal, & 2 Haam Myrrlith
Encounters 11 & 12
1 Haam Forlorn, 2 Haam Dhruva, 4 Haam Polycrystal, & 2 Haam Myrrlith
- Aetherial Spark – A linear AoE aimed at a random player by the Forlorn.
- Tidal Roar – Unavoidable, arena-wide damage.
- Octostroke – Octomammoth will bring all eight tentacles to bear, two per platform, but leaving one platform free of wiggly badness. The tentacles will do a configuration of AoEs that pretty much cover each of the four offending platforms, so rather than search for the safety pixel, why not use the completely clear one? After their first set of swings, the tentacles will take turns harassing their platforms in five seemingly random rounds of multiple:
- Wallop – Linear AoEs that go completely across the individual platforms. The timing on these are slow though, so if you need to move for whatever reason, you should be able to get to your destination without too much trouble.
- Vivid Eyes – Somewhere around the third Wallop, the boss will do a thin donut AoE that cuts exactly through the paths between platforms. Pick a platform, (probably your current safety circle), and shuffle to the front of back to avoid.
- Saline Spit – A water(spit) ball will appear on all platforms. Move to a thin path between to avoid.
- Tidal Breath – Move to the rear half of the boss behind the side arrow markers on its hitbox to avoid this 180° frontal AoE.
- Tidal Roar
- Telekinesis – The boss will tether to 3 crystals behind 3 platforms, which will eventually project circular AoEs on them. The crystals aren’t perfectly centered, so if you’re unsure which will be safe, take note of the ones the tethers are going through. Those are the danger zones. Go to the clear ones, and avoid standing in the thin side paths between as your safe spot, since the circles do overflow into those spaces.
- Wallop – The tentacles return for a random number of Wallops.
- Breathstroke* – The tentacles have caught on to your cleverness and will no longer leave you a fully open platform. Find a platform with only 1 tentacle and avoid the single swipe there. Simultaneously, Octomammoth will do his breath attack, so make sure you pick the 1 tentacle platform behind it.
- Saline Spit
- Each player will be marked with a traveling, pink AoE circle. You’ll have to spread out while doing:
- Vivid Eyes
- Tidal Roar
- *Repeats from Breathstroke until defeat.
Congratulations, you’ve completed The Aetherfont!
You must be logged in to post a comment.