FFXIV: Letter From the Producer LIVE LXXI Summary
The first Letter from the Producer LIVE for patch 6.2 aired this morning and gave us a first look at the upcoming content for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. Set to release in late August, the patch was also already named today: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.2 will be called “Buried Memory“.
Alongside the expected additions of more main scenario quests, a new dungeon, and the second tier of the Pandaemonium raid, Naoki Yoshida and Toshio Murouchi – better known as “Foxclon” – laid out a whole lot of other information, which we will go through down below:
What’s to Come in Patch 6.2
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor Continues
- Players must first complete the Shadow of Mhach quest series
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.25)
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests (Patch 6.25)
- Unlocked in “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures”…
- …are the legendary Manderville Weapons!
- Quest-centric progression
- Updates throughout 6.x
- New Tribal Quests (Patch 6.25)
- The Omicrons (For Disciples of the Land [Gathering])
- New Dungeon
- The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trials
- ??? & ??? (Extreme)
- New Raids
- Pandaemonium: Abyssos
- Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- Savage raid will be released one week after Patch 6.2
- Pushing the Release of Savage by One Week
- There are both requests asking for and against it, so we’d like to make this a test run
- Whether or not the next Savage will also be moved by one week will be considered based on the results of this test run as well as player feedback
- New Unreal Trial
- Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal)
- Job Adjustments
- PvE Adjustments
- PvP Adjustments
- Extensive adjustments to the Dragoon and Astrologian jobs have been postponed
- Intentions behind job adjustments will be explained
- Critical & Direct Hit Adjustments
- Planning adjustments for instances in which buffs, debuffs, and attributes related to critical/direct hits do not result in expected benefits
- Further details to come in Part 2 [of the 6.2 Letter from the Producer LIVE]
- PvP Updates
- PvP Series Two begins
- Season Three of Crystalline Conflict
- (Season Two will begin Tuesday, July 5, with the release of Patch 6.18)
- Rival Wings returns
- Continued Improvements to Main Scenario Quests
- Duty Support added for:
- The Keeper of the Lake
- Sohm Al
- The Aery
- The Vault
- New solo quest battle:
- The Steps of Faith
- Revamped Duty:
- Duty Support added for:
New Battle Content
Variant Dungeons (6.25)
- Variable-difficulty dungeons, previously introduced as “Criterion Dungeons”
- Level 90 casual play for 1-4 players (4-player party when matched)
- No role restrictions, job changes permitted
- Enemy strength determined by party size
- Route of progression branches based on player action
- Variant Dungeon #1: The Sil’dih Subterrane
- Explore the depths alongside a certain someone
- Experience a different story depending on your chosen path
- (All stories may be enjoyed via multiple playthroughs)
Another Path – Criterion Dungeons (Patch 6.25)
- Level 90 high-difficulty challenge for 4-player parties
- Party must comprise one tank, one healer, and two DPS
- Visually similar to Variant Dungeons, but overall structure/enemy strength are entirely different, route is predetermined, and no NPCs accompany you
- Criterion Dungeon #1:
- Another Sil’dihn Subterrane & Another Sil’dihn Subterrane (Savage)
- “Another” dungeons are high-difficulty by default, with “Savage” providing additional challenges
Another Sil’dihn Subterrane
- Parties of fewer than 4 players supplemented via matching
- Normal methods of resurrection are prohibited, but each player is granted a limited number of revival actions
- Defeated enemies do not revive after party KO
Another Sil’dihn Subterrane (Savage)
- Fro pre-formed parties of 4 (matching unavailable)
- All methods of resurrection are prohibited!
- All defeated enemies revive after party KO!
- Enemies become much stronger if not defeated within a certain time limit!
The second half of the Letter from the Producer LIVE LXXI opened with a topic that has been on the minds of players since it was first announced. It also featured as the background image for the entirety of the Live Letter so far:
- Build your own personal island sanctuary!
- Enjoy new casual solo gameplay: gather materials, care for creatures, build facilities, craft items, and more.
- No experience as a Disciple of the Land/Hand is required!
Island Sanctuary Activities
- Gather materials from nature
- Materials are island-specific and take up separate inventory space.
- Craft tools from gathered materials
- Tools help harvest new resources more effectively
- Grow crops
- Plant and cultivate seeds you find on your island (different from estate crops).
- Collect and care for various creatures
- Keep an eye out for rare coloring and unique critters!
- Build a base of operations
- Customize its appearance and unlock further tools for development!
- Release the minions!
- Your favorite minions may wander freely within your base.
- Create handicrafts
- Assemble collected material into handicrafts and export them.
- Try to align exports with market demand for the best possible results!
- Handicrafts will be sold for island-specific currency, not gil.
- Gameplay is not affected by other players’ actions.
- Earn rewards
- Exchange accumulated island currency for special items.
- Socialize with friends
- Invite visitors or travel to the islands of friends and free company members.
More details to follow in Part 2 [of the Letter from the Producer LIVE]!
Adventurer Plate and Portrait Updates
- Transitioning from Beta Version to official release
- Updates to Portrait Functions
- Changes to Portrait linking
- Previously Created Portraits
- All portraits created under the Beta Version will be lost after official release
- Further Additions to Adventurer Plates & Portaits
- Instant Portraits used during Doman mahjong
- New poses added
- New decorative features added
- Feature for copying pose/camera settings for portraits added
- Allagan Tomestone of Causality added
- New high-IL crafted gear added
- Ability to request repairs from other players (both in/outside of duty)
- Combo sequence display added to the Actions list
- Rare materials added to aetherial reductions performed by miners, botanists, and fishers
- (Materials not used in crafting battle-related items)
- Glamour dresser capacity expanded from 400 to 800
- Adjustments to the order of certain Return to Ivalice quests
- (in accordance with this, quests “Makin’ Bacon (Bread)” and “Wok on By” will become unavailable)
In addition to all of the above, the release of “THE PRIMALS Live in Japan – Beyond the Shadow” Blu-ray was announced. It will be released on September 14th and will cost $59,99 / £44,99 / €49,99. On top of that, the Immerse Gamepack has entered another 20% sale, which will go on until Monday, July 18 at 11:59pm (PDT / Tuesday, July 19 at 6:59am (GMT) / 16:59 (AEST).
Lastly, Naoki Yoshida reminded the players of recent important announcements, which includes the upcoming server expansions and the revisions to the Housing Ward Classifications.