FFXIV's Letter from the Producer LIVE Part LXIX Showcases First Part of Patch 6.1 "Newfound Adventure"
Earlier today, Square Enix held another Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast. The focus of which was the first part of news about the upcoming patch 6.1. FFXIV Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida and Foxclon went through some of the upcoming content and additions coming to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker.
Patch 6.1, Newfound Adventure is currently set to release mid-April.
The official site is also now up for Patch 6.1!
Patch 6.1: Newfound Adventure
- New Main Scenario Quests
- A new chapter begins!
- New Sidequests
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” series begins
- New Role Quests
- An additional story available after completing all Endwalker role quests
- New Tribal Quests (Patch 6.15)
- Arkasodara tribe quests (For battle classes and jobs)
- * Requirements: Players must complete two questlines in Thavnair, which begin with “Steppe Child” and “What’s in a Parent”
- Arkasodara tribe quests (For battle classes and jobs)
The Team also plans to rename beast tribe quests to “Tribal Quests” from Patch 6.2 onward to better reflect the relationship players have with these tribes.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.15)
- Omega: Beyond the Rift (Patch 6.1x)
- Improvements to A Realm Reborn Main Scenario Quests
- New Dungeon
- New Trial
- The Endsinger’s Aria
- New Unreal Trial
- Ultima’s Bane (Unreal)
- New Alliance Raid
- Myths of the Realm #1
- New Ultimate Duty (Patch 6.11)
- Dragonsong’s Reprise
- Job Adjustments
The first big topic Yoshi-P and Foxclon talked about where a reminder of the upcoming PvP changes, outlining again that the Feast will be replaced by the new 5v5 player mode called Crystalline Conflict.
PvP Updates (Patch 6.1)
- Crystalline Conflict – small scale PvP
- PvP action improvements and adrenaline rush actions for each job
- New PvP rewards system
- The Feast will end with the release of Patch 6.1
- New Custom Deliveries (Patch 6.15)
- Ameliance Leveilleur
- Plots open for purchase in Empyreum (Ishgard housing)
Two new features that will find their way into the game are the now-called Adventurer Plates system and the Unending Codex, which serves as a in-game encyclopaedia of characters and terms throughout the game’s story.
- Adventurer Plates
- New profile display feature (previously introduced as “Calling Cards”)
- Customizable character portraits
- The Unending Codex
- Glossary of characters and terms up through Patch 6.0
- Unlocked in the main scenario of Patch 6.1 and added to your Collection, with new entries added as the story unfolds
* All characters and terms will not be immediately available
- Miscellaneous Updates
- New Game+ additions (Patch 6.0 and a portion of 6.1)
- New Hrothgar hairstyles
- More glamour plates and locations where they can be used
- Ability to try on items from the FFXIV Online Store
- New idle animations for parasols
- Check mark displayed on items used to obtain minions, mounts, etc. already acquired
- Improved market search for items used to obtain minions, mounts, etc. already acquired
Yoshi-P did specify that Viera would also get more hairstyles. Players will get five more glamour plates with a plan of doubling the amount of glamour dresser space to 800 in 6.2 and that the application of glamours would be extended to most, but not all sanctuaries.
That concluded the first half of the 69th Letter from the Producer LIVE. After the break Yoshi-P went into more detail on the upcoming changes to the A Realm Reborn Main Scenario Quest, especially concerning playing content with NPCs.
Improvements to A Realm Reborn Main Scenario Quest
- Duty Support System
- Version of the Trust system specifically for main scenario duties
- In the future, “Trust” will refer solely to the avatar levelling system
- Duty Support for A Realm Reborn (Patch 2.0 only)
- 4-player dungeons and trials associated with the main scenario can be completed with NPCs
- NPCs will be selected automatically according to your role
- Duty Support for 2.x and Heavensward onward will be added in future patches
- Available for Duty Support as of 6.1:
- Tam-Tara Deepcroft
- Copperbell Mines
- The Bowl of Embers
- The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak
- Haukke Manor
- Brayflox’s Longstop
- The Navel
- The Stone Vigil
- The Howling Eye
- Castrum Meridianum
- The Praetorium
- The Porta Decumana (Ultima Weapon battle)
The last few names listed imply major changes to the finale of A Realm Reborn.
- Major revisions to Cape Westwind and later duties
- Cape Westwind will turn from an 8-player Trial to a Solo Battle Quest
- Castrum Meridianum will be reduced from an 8 to a 4-player Dungeon
- The Praetorium will be split up in 3 seperate Duties
- Start through Gaius Battle will be a 4-player Dungeon
- Ultima Weapon battle will be a 4-player Trial
- Lahabrea battle will be a Solo Quest Battle
With this comes also a change to the Main Scenario Roulette which will now be split up into three possible duties:
- Castrum Meridianum (4-player dungeon)
- The Praetorium (4-player dungeon)
- The Porta Decumana (4-player trial) *Ultima Weapon battle
The rewards for the MSQ roulette will be adjusted according to the changes but we don’t have any further details on that yet.
Data Center Travel (Patch 6.18)
- Allows players to visit Worlds in different logical data centers within the physical data center and challenge duties with player from those DCs
- Player nameplates will display the <Traveler> tag.
- Destination Data Center Restrictions
- The same restrictions as the World Visit System apply
- In addition, features such as free company chat, cross-world linkshell chat, and PvP teams are restricted when using DC Travel
When it comest to communication on different data centers, the system is more complicated than people might suspect and Yoshi-P went into more detail on this twice throughout the remainder of the Live Letter:
- Regarding Cross-World Linkshells
- CWLS chat is available as long as said CWLS exists within a logical data center
- CWLS chat will be unavailable when visiting another logical data center via DC Travel
- From Patch 6.2, it will be possible to join CWLS on other logical data centers via DC Travel
- How to travel
- Select a destination data center from the Character Selection screen
- You will be returned to the title screen during processing (the transfer cannot be cancelled)
- Select your desired World and character
- Repeat the above steps if you wish to return to your data center
While the next point is currently only important for players with characters on the Japanese Data Centers, there are some details that might be important going forward for other regions as well, especially concerning what happens with CWLS when Worlds are transferred from one Data Center to another.
Japanese Dater Center Expansion
- Measures to increase the limit for simultaneous logins
- Increasing number of logical data centers from 3 to 4
- Regrouping worlds within each logical data center from 11(10) to 8
- Simultaneous login limit should be increased by several thousand for each world, with a total increase of over 50,000 across the entire Japanese data center
- Scheduled for implementation in July 2022
After the regrouping of Worlds, cross-world linkshell chat may be available under certain conditions if members have moved to the Meteor data center. When a member moves to the Meteor data center, a cross-world linkshell with the same name will be created on the Meteor DC. Members who have moved to a different logical data center will remain on the CWLS member list, but chat is only available to those within the same logical data center. Should the master of a cross-world linkshell move to a different data center, ownership will be transferred to another member automatically. CWLS chat will also be available in the destination data center after using the Data Center Travel System.
The new Data Center will be called Meteor and will consist of the Worlds Ramuh and Unicorn (formerly Elemental), Valefore, Yojimbo, and Zeromus (Gaia), and Belias, Mandragora, and Shinryu (Mana). As with the Data Center splits in NA and EU, players will be granted a free World Transfer.
- The following incentives will apply
- Players who own land will be reimbursed for the full price of the estate, plus compensation of 3,000,000 gil for non-recoverable furnishings
- Players who own an apartment will be reimbursed 500,000 gil, plus compensation of 500,000 gil for non-recoverable furnishings
Closing out the Letter from the Producer LIVE 69, Yoshi-P and Foxclon announced the start of the Little Ladies’ Day Event on March 14th 1:00am PDT and will be available until 7:59am PDT on March 31st. The next Live Letter has not been dated yet as that would spoil the planned release for Patch 6.1 but should be expecting at the end of March or early April with Patch 6.1 stated to release in Mid-April.