FFXIV Endwalker Guide: Level 90 Dungeon (MSQ)
Spoiler warning: This guide contains information from the FFXIV Endwalker Patch 6.0 Main Scenario!!!
FFXIV Endwalker Guide: The Dead Ends
Never be afraid to take a dungeon at your own pace, but for the purposes of this guide, we’re going to be speaking terms of multiple group pulls.
Encounters 1 & 2
5 Warped Flesh (Small Variant), & 2 Warped Flesh (Pudding Variant)
- Terminal Bloom – A large, circular AoE on a random player cast by the smaller Warped Flesh.
- Amorphic Flail – A large, circular AoE centered on the pudding Warped Flesh.
Encounters 3 & 4
1 Warped Flesh (Small Variant), 2 Warped Flesh (Pudding Variant), & 4 Warped Flesh (Tall Variant)
- Plague Fang– A conal AoE aimed at a random player by the tall Warped Flesh.
- A wind will start to blow north or south across the arena. Keep this in mind when positioning for the next mechanic:
- Miasmata – The boss will spew some gross goo, doing damage and dropping a bunch of blue, misty orbs to the floor. Each of the orbs will put down a circular AoE, leaving only a few limited safe spaces to stand. After the AoEs explode the first time, they’ll begin moving as a single, huge pattern across the floor, propelled by the wind that started just prior. When the AoEs show up, move either to the edge of the arena where there is no ball, or position yourself in a place where the circles won’t land as they blow by you. If you’re hit by the miasma circles, you’ll get a Necrosis debuff, which will kill you in 12 seconds if not cleared with esuna.
- Cough Up* – A series of 3 AoE circles will appear on the ground at all players’ feet. At the end of this series, at least 2 players must stack together to avoid a Hysteria debuff that will make you run around without control. This can be detrimental if you’re caught running during the next mechanic:
- Wave of Nausea – A large, donut-shaped AoE centered on the boss. Getting hit by this also applies the Necrosis debuff.
- Winds rise.
- Miasmata + Wave of Nausea – Handle the Wave of Nausea donut before moving to a safe area for Miasmata.
- Pox Flail – A tank buster.
- Blighted Water – A stack mechanic.
- Befoulment – All players will be marked with a circular AoE that travels will them. Spread out.
- *Repeats from Cough Up until defeat.
Encounters 5 & 6
3 Landed Freedom Fighter, & 3 Airborne Freedom Fighter
- Photon Burst – A large, circular AoE aimed at a random player by the Landed Freedom Fighter.
- Air Blast – A large, linear AoE aimed at a random player by the Airborne Freedom Fighter.
Encounters 7 & 8
2 Landed Freedom Fighter, 4 Airborne Freedom Fighter, & 3 Freedom Fighter
- Decimation – Arena-wide damage.
- Electromagnetic Repellent – A circular AoE will form under the feet of the boss.
- The Peacekeeper will deploy several, small, triangular apparatus around it.
- Order to Fire – The apparatus will begin charging up to, you guessed it, fire. There will be a triangular sliver of safe space between each fired beam. At the same time, each player will be marked with a circular AoE that will travel with them, so spread out and find your own safe area between beams.
- No Future – The boss will fire missiles into the air, and their projected landing spots will be displayed in obvious, red targets on the ground. The AoEs will leave vaguely triangular shapes of safety around the edge of the arena, then the next set of AoEs will fill that safe area and you’ll have to move into what once was a cluster of AoE death. This flurry finishes up with a circular, travelling AoE on each player.
- Peacefire* – Two, large AoE circles will move around the outside of the arena in conjunction with:
- Electromagnetic Repellent – Avoid the center and circle the arena ahead/behind the Peacefire circles.
- Order to Fire – During the course of Peacefire, you’ll also have to pause briefly between our triangle friends. This won’t include the traveling AoEs.
- Eclipsing Exhaust – This boss will ring the arena in circular AoEs, leaving 3 spots open and then knock all players back. Position to be knocked into safety or use a knock-back nullifier.
- Elimination – A linear tank buster. Avoid your shieldy buddy.
- No Future – Note: because of the pattern of missiles sometimes the entrance of the arena will not be a safe place to dodge around in by the end. You can see it in the video below:
- *Repeats from Peacefire until defeat.
Encounters 9 & 10
6 Golden Wings, 2 Xenoprotist, & 1 Xenofauna
- Revelation – A circular AoE aimed at the player with highest hate by the Xenofauna.
Encounters 11 & 12
2 Golden Wings, 1 Xenoprotist, 2 Xenofauna, & 2 Xenoflora
- Creeping Hush – A large, conal AoE aimed at the player with highest hate by the Xenoflora.
- Warm Glow – Arena-wide damage.
- Pity – A tank buster.
- Prance – The boss will prance around the arena, touching down 4 times and leaving growing pools of gold, which also happen to be large AoE circles that will go off in the order in which they were put down. To avoid these, observe the first and second places the boss touches down. Move to the first circle that the boss creates, then in the opposite direction from the way the boss jumps for the second circle. You can also brave the center of the arena if you can keep track of the order of circles in the middle.
- Warm Glow
- Lifesbreath – Ra-la will jump to the side of the arena and fire a beam across the diameter of it. From this beam, a row of butterflies will appear, arranged in sets of 2 that face opposite directions all the way down the length of the line. Stand behind a set so that their arrows point away from you. Getting hit by these applies a doom debuff that cannot be removed with esuna. To clear this debuff, the player must be healed to full health.
- Benevolence – A stack mechanic.
- Loving Embrace – One of Ra-la’s wings will glow, eventually blasting the entire arena to that side of it.
- Warm Glow
- Still Embrace – Each player will be marked with a circular AoE that will travel with them. Avoid your friends.
- Loving Embrace – This happens quickly after Lifesbreath, but not so quickly that you can’t move to the non-glowing wing side if you happen to chose the wrong side.
- Warm Glow
- Warm Glow
- *Repeats from Prance until defeat.
Congratulations, you’ve completed The Dead Ends!