FFXIV Endwalker Guide: Level 87 Dungeon
Spoiler warning: This guide contains information from the FFXIV Endwalker Patch 6.0 Main Scenario!!!
FFXIV Endwalker Guide: Ktisis Hyperboreia
Never be afraid to take a dungeon at your own pace, but for the purposes of this guide, we’re going to be speaking terms of multiple group pulls.
Encounters 1 & 2
2 Ktiseos Leon, 1 Ktiseos Ophion, & 5 Ktiseos Panther
- Cry – A large, circular AoE centered on the Ktiseos Leon.
- Rake – The Ktiseos Ophion charges a slash attack. There’s no visual indicator other than the animation of the mob itself.
- Charged Whisker – A circular AoE centered on a random player by the Ktiseos Panther.
Encounters 3 & 4
2 Ktiseos Ktenos, 2 Ktiseos Lykos, & 2 Ktiseos Cheone
- The Ktiseos Cheone show up on your path in 2 circular AoEs.
- White Death – A conal AoE directed at a random player by the Ktiseos Cheone
- Skull Dasher – A tank buster.
- Frostbite and Seek – The boss will disappear, leaving behind tracks in the snow. Find the snow pit where the tracks end and move there. When the boss reappears, it will immediately strike across the arena from the end point, and if you’re far from the tracks, you won’t make it out of the AoE in time.
- Icicall – Three icicles will fall at the edges of the arena in a triangle formation. After their initial landing, they will form either into a triangle of linear AoEs, or all 3 will pass through the middle, forming a, asterisk shape.
- Frigid Stomp – Arena-wide damage.
- Skull Dasher*
- Frostbite and Seek
- Frigid Stomp
- Heavy Smash – A stack mechanic.
- *Repeats from Skull Dasher until defeat.
Encounters 5 & 6
3 Ktiseos Ophion, 3 Ktiseos Okyupete, & 2 Ktiseos Daidalion
- Transonic Blast – A conal AoE directed at a random player by the Ktiseos Daidalion.
Encounters 7 & 8
4 Ktiseos Hippocerf, 1 Ktiseos Gryps, 2 Ktiseos Lailaps, & 1 Ktiseos Ophiotauros
- Freefall – A large, circular AoE centered on a random player by the Ktiseos Gryps.
- Shriek – A circular AoE centered the Ktiseos Hippocerf.
- Butcher – A large, conal AoE aimed at a random player by the Ktiseos Ophiotauros.
- Scratch – A tank buster.
- Inhale – The boss will suck aether into one or more mouths. This first time it’s always one.
- Pyric Breath – The boss will then use the aether it’s sucked up to charge a breath attack, eventually firing a conal AoE in a direction indicated by the blue fire escaping the heads’ mouths. This first shot is always directly forward, as indicated by the center head’s mouth being aflame.
- Inhale – This time two mouths draw in aether.
- Pyric Breath – Two heads charge up conals this time, two of either the center, the left or the right. If it’s the center head, it’ll shoot directly forward just like the first time, but if it’s the left, that conal will be centered on the left flank, and the right will be centered on the right flank. From here on out, Pyric Breath will always be a two-head combo, so you have to note with head is not going to fire and stand on that area of the boss. Note that the boss can be a little spinny, so keep track of where it’s actually facing.
- Pyric Spheres* – Four fireballs will appear on the arena floor, eventually creating crosses of thin, linear AoE indicator from each. Dodge!
- Pyric Breath
- Intimidation – Arena-wide damage.
- Pyric Spheres
- Pyric Blast – A stack mechanic.
- Pyric Breath
- *Repeats from Pyric Spheres until defeat.
3 Ktiseos Stymphalide
- Gust – A circular AoE centered on the player with highest hate.
5 Ktiseos Alkyone
- Flamespitter– A conal AoE aimed at the player with highest hate.
4 Ktiseos Erinys
2 Ktiseos Aello
- Feathercut – A linear AoE centered on the player with highest hate.
- Trismegistos – Arena-wide damage.
- Hermetica – Two of the edges of the arena will have 2 green squares appear on them. These squares, 4 in total, will shoot wind blasts across the floor in front of them. Locate the area where the safe open spaces overlap. Getting hit will very likely knock you into the wall, which will apply an unesunable wind DoT.
- True Tornado – A tank buster.
- Meteor* – Four meteors will fall to the floor, doing proximity based damage. Find the one without cracks.
- Double + Hermetica – Two edges of the platform will fill with green squares, one then the other, effectively projecting damage across the whole of the arena twice. Use the uncracked meteor to block the first charge of wind damage, then circle around it to block the second charge.
- Double + True Aero – Linear AoEs will project toward all players. The damage from the first pass is unavoidable, so don’t overlap. After the first pass of the AoE, there will be a green after image of each player’s linear left on the ground. These do a second round of damage, but can be stepped out of.
- True Bravery – This can be interrupted!
- Quadruple + Hermetica – Four sets of 2 Hermetica squares will show, one set after another, on the edges of the arena. For the least amount of movement required, find and move to the safe spot left by the first 2, then when those first 2 go off, move diagonally into the safe spot left by the last 2.
- Double + True Aero II – The first set of AoEs are the circular sort that travel with the player and cannot be avoided. The second set cluster around the boss at center and can be avoided.
- Double + True Tornado – The tank buster will hit as it did before, but will drop a second AoE circle on the ground below the tank’s feet. This can be avoided.
- True Bravery
- *Repeats from Meteor until defeat.
Congratulations, you’ve completed Ktisis Hyperboreia!