The Letter from the Producer LIVE Part LII just wrapped up and we’ve gone and compiled all of the information presented!
Read on for our summary!
The stream began with a new trailer showcasing the dungeons of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers.
The Trust System
Challenge main scenario dungeons with allied NPCs!
- Fight alongside NPCs to progress through dungeons solo
- Fill the role of your choice in the party
- A variety of NPC allies with specialized AI and unique actions
- NPCs react differently to different situations
- Playing with other players will remain a more effective strategy
- New Actions and Traits will be added
- New information will be added to gathering and fishing logs via tomes of regional folklore
- Unspoiled/Legendary/Ephemeral gathering point appearance timing
- For items that have been obtained via gathering at least once
- Alarms for gathering point timing can be enabled via subcommands
- New tackles for catching various fish in 2.0 areas will be added – Boilies
- The difficulty of obtaining tomes of regional folklore will be reduced
- New Actions will be added
- Steady Hand II and Byregot’s Blessing will be added to all classes
- Recipe aspects will be removed, and all related actions consolidated into one
- The crafting UI will be updated
- Durability and Condition will be displayed more clearly
- When active, the Collectible Synthesis status will be clearly displayed
- Active crafting statuses, as well as the resulting increases from actions (assuming a base of 100% efficiency) will be displayed during synthesis
- The resulting increases from actions (assuming a base of 100% efficiency) will be displayed in the Crafting Log
- Crafters can therefore confirm the increase in progress and quality from actions (assuming a base of 100% efficiency) prior to synthesis
- The maximum initial quality limit will be raised from 50% to 75% for many 5.0 and later recipes (to allow for easier HQ item synthesis with HQ materials)
- The maximum initial quality for each recipe can be confirmed prior to synthesis
- The difficulty of obtaining master recipe books IV, V, and VI will be reduced
New Crafter and Gatherer Gear Sets
- New tomestones: Goetia and Phantasmagoria
- Tomestones of phantasmagoria will be added four weeks after the official release of Shadowbringers
- White crafters’ and gatherers’ scrip will be added
- Glamour dressers capacity will be increased from 200 to 400 items, and glamour plates will be increased from 10 to 15
- Furnishing preview will be added (however, certain seasonal rewards and optional items will be exempted)
- The Centurio Seal limit will be increased from 1,000 to 4,000
- When in possession of the requisite bill, the direction and status of a rank B mark will be displayed when nearby.
- When a rank S mark spawns in the region, a message will be displayed
- The retainer window will be updated and a sort function will be added
- Materia melding requests can be sent in succession
- All mounts will have flying enabled (including coeurls and warlions)
- Achievement filters will be added
- Unfinished/Complete/Item Rewards/Title Rewards
- An achievement watchlist function will be added
- Progress for up to 30 achievements can be tracked
Changes to Mentor Certification
- The requirements to become a mentor following the release of 5.0 will be revised
- Players who obtained certification prior to the release of 5.0 but do not meet the new requirements will retain their current status for the duration of 5.0
- However, as of 5.1, to ensure all mentors are held to the same standard, changes will be implemented to encourage mentors who qualified under the old system to obtain re-certification (please note that mentors who do not do this during 5.1 will loose their certification in 5.2)
- The following requirements will be introduced in 5.0
- PvE Mentors
- Must have completed the level 80 Tank, Healer, and DPS (either physical or magical) quests
- Must have completed dungeons, raids, or trials a combined 1000 times
- Must have received 300 player commendations
- Trade Mentors
- Must reach level 80 in any Disciple of the Hand class, as well as any Disciple of the Land class
- Must have synthesized 100 collectibles
- Must have gathered or caught 300 collectibles
Thancred is an Archon in the Scions of the Seventh Dawn who specializes in survival and subterfuge. Espionage missions have taken him deep withing Garlean territory, where he acquired the techniques of the gunbreaker- skills he will be forced to perfect if he means to project those he holds dear
Her penchant for pragmatism is matched only by her thirst for knowledge. Though she is renowned for her consummate mastery of white magic, she now turns to the dark arts that she might better contend with the challenges that lie ahead
An Elezen student of prophecy known for his cryptic utterances, Urianger is considered one of the Scions’ most erudite Archons. In the face of a new threat and a precarious future, he has turned to the ancient Sharlayan art of astrology to divine a path forward…
A member of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, Alphinaud was the youngest individual in history to be accepted into the Studium, Sharlayan’s premier academic institution. Leaving his homeland with grand dreams of delivering the world from destruction, he has suffered many a humbling experience throughout his journey, but bolstered by comrades old and new, he forges on towards his life’s goal.
A woman of action whose dynamic approach is in stark contrast to that of her more diplomatic twin brother, Alphinaud. Inspired by those she has lost in her many travails, she strives to better herself for the sake of those she can yet save.
Although this young woman has both the name and the piercing blue eyes of the Scion’s erstwhile Antecedent, the nature of their connection is not entirely clear. What does this Minfilia wish to achieve? What hopes are caught within the tangled skein of her desinty?
The Crystal Exarch
De facto leader for the people of the Crystarium, the Crystal Exarch gained his title as much for his position as for the crystalline transformation steadily consuming the flesh of his body. This enigmatic figure promises to play a prominent part in the Warrior of Light’s future adventures.
Solus zos Galvus
The founder of the Garlean Empire, for whom even death presents no obstacle. For centuries he has worked from the shadows, sowing the seeds of war in order to trigger Calamities and thereby rejoin the worlds that were once divided. With Norvrandt on the brink of lucent oblivion, to what end has he chose to take center stage?
Vauthry, Ran’jit, Lyna, Feo Ul, and The Heroes of the First
*The Dungeons of Lyhe Ghiah is a new treasure map dungeon
- On Tuesday, June 18, 2019, new worlds will be added to the European Data Centers
- Spriggan will be added to the Chaos Data Center
- Twintania will be added to the Light Data Center