Earlier today, Square Enix updated their website for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers giving players additional pieces of information regarding the world of The First that they’ll be visiting in the upcoming expansion.
With the update to the site, we have a batch of new information. Let’s dive into some of the things we’ve learned!
- The Hrothgar of northen Ilsabard created the art of the gunblade. It was originally used by Queen Gunnhildr’s personal guard. Because of this, gunblades were once known as “Gunnhildr’s Blades.”
- The lake in Lakeland is called “Source” and was originally inhabited by the elves.
- Il Mheg was once home to the Kingdom of Voeburt. It was abandoned following the Flood of Light and became home to the fae.
- The Nu Mou are considered members of the fae and live in Il Mheg.
- Kholusia, the largest island in Norvrandt, plays host to Mt. Gulg, the home of the Dwarves. Fans of the series may remember Mt. Gulg being a location from the first Final Fantasy game.
- The Rak’tika Greatwood played host to an advanced magical civilization known as the Ronkan Empire (which has a mention in Final Fantasy Tactics).
- Innocence “sits at the top of the hierarchy of sin eaters.”
- The official name for the land drowned in the Flood of Light is the Empty. By wielding the power of Eden in the 8-man raid, players will “redress the balance of the elements.”