Square Enix has announced that a new version of Final Fantasy XV will be making its way to retailers and digital storefronts on March 6. Dubbed, the Royal Edition (or the Windows Edition if you’re picking the game up on PC) it contains some previously released weapon, Regalia, and item set DLC, everything from the game’s first season pass, an expanded map of the Insomnia City Ruins, the Royal Vessel boat and more!
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and the Windows Edition, will contain these new features over the base game:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
For those that aren’t sure if their PC is up to the task of handling the world of Final Fantasy XV, a benchmark tool will be available starting February 1st. The specs for the Windows version can be seen in the table below:
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD
||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not require
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $49.99. Those that already have the base game, and the season pass, can purchase the Royal Pack
(Edit: Square Enix has informed us that the price of the Royal Pack is still being determined)
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, will also be available on the same date, at the same price. Starting February 1st, if you pre-order the game from the Windows Store, Steam, or Origin, you’ll also receive a bonus:
- Windows Store: “FFXV Powerup Pack.” This pack contains items designed to power up the player’s performance in combat.
- STEAM: “FFXV Fashion Collection.” This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals.
- Origin: “FFXV Decal Selection.” This pack contains an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia.