Earlier this week, Final Fantasy XIV Director/Producer Naoki Yoshdia logged-on to the Gaia Data Center to play with players. During the broadcast, he was joined by Main Scenario Writer, Natsuko Ishikawa, and talked briefly about some things that players can look forward to in the near future.
Additionally, if you would like to watch the full stream, you can do so here.
Patch 4.06 on 08/08
• There will be changes implemented to several jobs (within adjustable data only).
• Summoner and Machinist in particular will receive a few adjustments.
• There are plans to make specific system changes (for jobs), but that will take some time.
• In patch 4.06, adjustments will be made for the reward players earn when fighting Ixion.
Patch 4.1 Adjustment Details
• Swimming will become possible in all Housing areas.
• “That” boss (most likely Shinryu) will get an Extreme version. Will be more challenging than Susano (Extreme).
• Yoshida-san has cleared up to Omega 3 Savage with PUGs.
• The Azim Steppe and Dark Knight Quests were led by Natsuko Ishikawa.
• At first, the cut gap in Susano was made so that you had to jump over it but it was finally changed to what it is now.
• Details about Patch 4.1 and the 24-man “Return to Ivalice” raid will be shown during the 14 hour anniversary broadcast.
• Patch 4.1 will be implemented in the same patch pacing period as usual.