On Tuesday, Final Fantasy XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida sat down with the community team at E3 and discussed some of the things to look forward to in patches 2.3 and 2.4.
Some of the notable highlights included:
- New emotes for hug and slap
- No immediate plans for DoH and DoL relic tools, but considering for future
- Status update on missing areas from 1.0: “hopefully soon” you’ll be able to see some of the surrounding areas in the Coerthas region
- Brutal version of the Binding Coil of Bahamut planned, designed to be so hard that the dev team may not be able to beat it themselves. It’s designed purely as a challenge with no exclusive rewards, however rewards will be the same as the normal version of coil. A special title is the only unique reward.
- New class, Rogue revealed, with emphasis on movement speed, knife dual wielding, reduced falling damage, with historical lore rooted in thievery, but as classes have public guilds Yoshi-P explained thievery was retired from the rogue’s practices.
- New job, Ninja revealed as a DPS job (not tank), with emphasis on stealthiness, with both enfeebling and buffing capabilities via Ninjitsu spells.
- Both Rogue and Ninja will be available in patch 2.4, ahead of schedule (before the first expansion).
- New healing and tank classes and jobs are planned for release with the first expansion.
- Shiva primal announced as being integral to the main scenario storyline, leading into the expansion (but debuting prior to it).
- Solo dungeon runs announced
- Same-sex “eternal bond” (marriage) confirmed
Stay tuned for more from E3!