On December 6th, 2013 Japanese Standard Time, SquareEnix posted several new videos and trailers featuring the HD Remasters for Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. And its a very appropriate release too, as the Japanese publisher is most likely looking to show them at this year’s Jump Fiesta 14, an Anime and Manga show which is scheduled to be held on Dev 21-22, 2013 in Chiba, Japan.
You can see the five new trailers for Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 below. They feature Wakka, Rikku, Blitzball, and some Overdrives, just to name a few:
But that’s not all. Like any big Japanese media Publisher, SquareEnix is no stranger to Jump Fiesta and this year the company has announced that it will be showcasing a total of nine titles for this year’s annual show, including Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD editions. The official announcement was made on Wednesday, December 4th via SquareEnix’s Jump Fiesta PR site. The nine titles can be experienced by attendees in a mix of ways – some of the titles will have a playable demo and others will merely be trailers, but the list of games is still exciting.
The playable demos include:
- Dragon Quest VIII (On iOS and Android)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 (Showing on the Nintendo 3DS)
- Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remasters (Showing on the PS3 and PS Vita)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (Demoing on the PS3)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Also on the Nintendo 3DS)
The Trailer list includes all the above games as well as:
- Bravely Default: For the Sequel (For the 3DS)
- Dragon Quest X: Version 2 (For the Wii, Wii U and PC)
- Final Fantasy VI (For iOS and Android)
And no, if you were hoping Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III would be on this list, they will not be showing anything on those games yet. I’m betting they are still in early development but we may hear more soon.