Wakfu: Notice of North American Publisher Change
Dear Community. We have some very important information to share with you regarding the future of WAKFU. Find full details within.
Dear Community –
We’d like to reassure you that this decision was not made lightly, and that this process will not have any impact on the game itself, your characters and progress, or the delivery of new content; we will do our utmost to ensure that the transition will be as seamless as possible and without interruption of service.
We sincerely thank our North American players for your tremendous support throughout the past two years, and look forward to seeing the community grow even greater as the World of Twelve continues moving forward through 2013 and beyond.
In preparation of some of the expected questions, we have prepared a brief FAQ to help answer some potential questions. As the transition nears, Square Enix and Ankama will continue to update the community accordingly.
Will I need to make a new account?
- No. All existing WAKFU players are already using an Ankama Account which gives you access to all of their existing services and games.
What will happen to my current subscription? What about my existing Ogrines?
- Any existing subscription will remain as is until the subscription expiration date is reached. Ogrines will not be lost and will remain until they are spent as normal. The WAKFU game service will continue, so you will continue to use these as you’ve done before.
What will happen to my characters? Will I lose all of my hard work?
- WAKFU is not shutting down, but simply changing publishers in North America. This means is that Ankama will now be in charge of providing service and operating the game on a daily basis in North America. As Ankama is the developer of WAKFU and the publisher internationally, you will continue to access the game with your existing Ankama account.
What will happen to the Nox server?
- The Nox server will continue to operate as is and your favorite creatures will still roam in their usual locations.
Will there be any server downtime related to the change?
- There are no planned server downtimes outside of the typical Weekly Maintenance period (Monday nights) or the occasional patch. If additional downtime is required, we will be sure to announce this in advance.
Will there be a new Community team?
- Yes. New faces will start appearing both on the forums and in-game in the coming weeks. To help the transition, ”Troyle”, Ankama’s International Community Manager for WAKFU, will become involved with the North American community before March 1st, among other staff members.
What if I have a problem? Who can I contact?
- Customer Service can be reached through the Ankama Support Portal, just as before.
Will there be any other changes we should be aware of?