Content Update 1.8: "Calamar Island, the Hunt Is On" Patch Notes
Here comes the next Content Update! Are you ready to be the first to step foot on a completely revamped Calamar Island, featuring new Treasure Hunts and shiny Shin Larve and Treechnid dungeons? Discover the changes that have just been implemented with this content update!
We have added the full details for this patch below.
REVAMP OF CALAMAR ISLAND
You thought Calamar Island had no secrets for you anymore? You were highly mistaken!
There will be a 24 hour wait time between conquests. This amendment is made to get prepared for the new rules of NvN that will be put in place with the overhaul of the system in the future.
With this update, this conquerable island will be completely revampled (Dev Blog):
- New Exclusive Look: From the ground to the clouds.
- 3 Creature Families: Exotic Creatures, Chaos Pirates, and Nation Corsairs will all make their debut with this release!
- New Humanoid Family: The “Mouss” (not yet translated).
- 1 New Dungeon (level 60-75): “La Perlouze Noire” (not yet translated), where you will have to face the terrible ghost of Captain Perlouze (not yet translated). This dungeon will feature 2 sets and 8 exclusive items.
- 1 New Main Quest: “Le trésor de la crique qui croque” (not yet translated) is an epic adventure to discover through this long quest.
- 1 New Pet: The Macawker(+15PP, +20 Ini, +25% dmg, +5 CF).
- 4 New Environmental Quests
- 4 New Achievements: These will offer decorative items for the Haven-Bag.
- National Control Bonus: Controlling the island will result in receiving a bonus of +10 Prospecting for 1 Clan Member wish fulfilled, an additional +13 Dodge for 2 wishes fulfilled, and +13 Dodge again (+26 Dodge total) for 3 wishes.
- 2 Sets and 15 Dedicated Items: Including new Haven-Bag Decorations!
For the most conservative of you, Calamar Island will still be accessible by the same means (via boat) and the average level of the area will not change (levels 55-70).
The treasure hunt feature will first be implemented on Calamar Island, and then in the rest of the world with future updates.
You will have to craft your own shovel (Handyman recipe level 0 at the machine of Calamar Island, or by participating to the Gravedigger Game at the Trool Fair) in order to dig the sands of Captain Calamari and maybe find a hidden treasure!
The shovel is used the same way as resource planting: just double-click on the tool and then on the ground to dig. The floor cells will turn green as you pass over them if digging is available. Note that your shovel will be destroyed after this action.
May Ecaflip watch over you!
3 NEW DUNGEONS
Astrub: Shin Larva Dungeon (level 15)
This Dungeon can be found in the Astrub Sewers and will make you fight Shin Larva and its slimy offspring. Complete this journey to the darkest and dingiest corners of Astrub and you may come back with one of the 4 Larvesque sets (Wet, Windy, Silty, or Roasted). Even better: you could come back with the Shin Larva set (level 20) or its Imperial version (level 40)! This dungeon also has 3 new achievement waiting for you!
Amakna: Treechnid Dungeon (level 60)
You’ll find the entrance to this dungeon in Emelka. Treechnids will be waiting for you with their friends, Arachnees! Pieces of the Ancestral (level 65) and Imperial (level 85) Treechnid Sets will be waiting for you too! Sorry we couldn’t make this one easy. If you want the full set you’ll have to visit Bonta’s Treechnid Dungeon as well…
Bonta: Treechnid Dungeon (level 60)
What would be more appropriate than Yurbut to receive Treechnids? This dungeon will be the same as the one in Amakna except for the set pieces that can be acquired here. Collectors will be able to get the complete set of the Ancestral and Imperial sets by gathering the pieces in both dungeons! 3 new achievements wait just beyone deep within these two dungeons.
REBALANCING OF THE DUNGEON MACHINES
Save your tokens! The values of equipment pieces offered by the Machines will be reduced in order to make them more accessible. Here are the costs that will be applied:
- Common equipment = 2 tokens
- Normal equipment = 3 tokens
- Rare equipment = 5 tokens
- Mythic equipment = 12 tokens
- Normal equipment = 4 tokens
- Rare equipment = 9 tokens
- Mythic equipment = 22 tokens
ADDING EMOTICONS TO ALL CREATURES
Some families already were lucky enough to wear their feelings on their sleeves during combat… But most of them just didn’t benefit from this addition. With this update, you will now see the reactions of your opponents when using your best attacks…
- Due to many changes applied to character classes, a spell and abilities reset will be offered to all characters with the quest “Restate of Emergency”.
- Riddling: This passive will now correctly provide a 60% chance to add +2 levels of Riddled per AP/MP used at max level.
- Double or Quits: The description of this spell has been clarified.
- Revitalizing Word: When used on a Zombified enemy, it will correctly provide Hygiene to the caster.
- Voodoll: When a Totem is destroyed, the target will be targetable by another totem again.
- Multiple Bramble:This spell has been renamed Manifold Bramble.
- Doll Sacrifice: This spell has been renamed to Dolly Sacrifice.
- Karchamrak: In some cases it was possible to swap places with a carried character. This will no longer be possible.
Rogue & Pandawa
- Roguery & Karchamrak: In order to avoid any movement issues of the Rogue in fight, he will no longer be able to cast Roguery when carried.
- Stasis Branch: Since the spells of this branch do not benefit from any elemental mastery, their damage will no longer take Backstab or bonuses to CH attacks into account (not to be confused with CH, which will still exist for Stasis spells).
- Aynaloxide: In order to stay coherent with area damages that don’t benefit from damage localization, those of Aynaloxide will stay the same, no matter if they’re inflicted from back, side, or front.
- Cybot: The description has been modified. Its passive “Relay” will no longer indicate “Damage improved by X%”.
- Line of Fire: This spell will now have a visual effect when cast.
- Time Theft: It will no longer be mentioned in chat if this triggers after “Rollback” once maximum AP is already given back to the caster. Its functioning is unchanged.
- Sinistro: Elemental damage bonuses and Mechanisms damages will provide benefits to this, but summons damages will no longer provide such bonuses.
- In order to shortcut the PvP combat sequence which has been deemed too long, the hitpoints bonus has been modified from 3x Health Points to 2.5x Health Points in a future update.
- It will now be possible to unbewitch states applied by other states. For example: the state Stunned applied by the Evil Earth Totem of Excarnus can now be unbewitched.
- In groups with more than four fighters, Boowolves will lose their AP bonus. However, they’ll receive +2% dmg per player present in the fight (up to 10%).
- The levers to access the Archmonster room will be interactive again.
- In groups with more than four fighters, the AP bonus of Crobaks will be reduced from 3 to 2. However, they’ll receive +2% HP per the amount of players present in the fight.
- Damage dealt by the Armed Counter-Attack has been corrected.
- The lying down animation has been corrected.
- Renamed as Pink Piwi.
- His quest has been improved (see Hito and Alex).
- Its ground summons will no longer rebound spells.
- An experience bar will now appear to display the experience gained from quests.
- Environmental quests, ecosystems quests and Ogrest Chaos will now be more visible via a minor visual highlight. This will draw more attention to the quest when you enter an area that activates them.
- Players will now be able to fight environmental quest monsters in an area,even if the quest is not triggered by their character. Players will be able to participate in the event of the area without being able to complete the quest. This should allow players to assist others in the area to fulfill their objectives.
- The following solo quests have had their objectives reduced from 20 monsters to 8 monsters that have to be killed within the 15 minute time limit (Note: The amount of experience rewarded is unchanged.):
- The Silence of the Gobballs (Defeat 8 Gobball War Chiefs),
- Bliblis on Tour (Defeat 8 members of the Blibli family),
- Little Shop of Flowers (Defeat 8 members of the Plant family),
- Scaraface (Defeat 8 members of the Scaraleaf family),
- Ensnapment (Defeat 8 members of the Snapper family),
- The Bellaphone Always Rings Twice(Defeat 8 Bellaphones),
- Puddle Indemnity (Defeat 8 members of the Puddly family),
- Starsky and Mushd (Defeat 8 members of the Mushd family),
- Immortalbatracious (Defeat 8 Albatrocious),
- The Army of the Dead (Defeat 8 Chafers),
- Kokokoon (Defeat 8 Kokokos),
- Return of the Croaker (Defeat 8 Toads),
- Whirligig Daddy (Defeat 8 Whirligigs),
- Axylem (Defeat 8 Treechnids),
- Eight-Legged Geeks (Defeat 8 Arachnees),
- Down with Kralove (Defeat 8 Kraloves),
- The Shark Knight Rises (Defeat 8 Sharks),
- After Mollusky They Come (Defeat 8 Molluskies).
- In order to prevent players from having to camp the same spot for hours until Grampar’s Tooth spawns, some changes have been made:
- A special pickaxe will be necessary to harvest the tooth. It will be usable only once (same as any other consumable),
- This pickaxe will be acquirable on Mining Whisperers,
- The Chuchoteurs Mineurs is a monster that appears at random times and positions (18 to 30 hours of respawn on the complete Shhhudoku’s Kingdom),
- Grampar’s Tooth will appear every 10 seconds.
- Foggernauts’ Stasis spells will now correctly receive the bonus to elementary damages offered by the barrels of the boat.
- Some texts have been clarified in order to make it more understandable.
- Zaaps have been replaced by Canoons, and they can be used for free, in order to clarify the transport system between Astrub and the outposts/Nation HQs.
Cania Plains (Bonta)
- The trap door to access the Justice Cave has been moved a few cells higher, in order to better blend in with the environment.
- All citizens of the Nation controlling the Wild Estate will receive a +10 Prospecting Bonus if the CM wish is fulfilled.
- Jiva, Djaul, and Rosal insignias will be obtained in exchange for Almatons in the Almanax Temple.
- The score required to demote a Governor has changed from 70 to -51.
- Primary and Secondary colors of insignias have been changed to be more coherent with the guild emblem.
- The minimal throw has been changed from +0%CH to +1% CH.
- The bonus applied will be +10% of Mechanisms damage, instead of +10 Mechanisms.
- To facilitate its acquisition, it will now be a reward of the new achievement “Huss Gravity” (defeat 10 Chuck Novices at the Kanojedo in Incarnam).
- A new Gazette will celebrate the arrival of all this new content, particularly the arrival of Calamar Island!
We know you are all excited for the new Krosmaster system. Although Krosmasters will not be debuting today, you will begin to notice several new elements in the world to prepare for its arrival.
- Sasha: This character will be on Astrub near the tavern. It will not offer any interaction before the activation of the system, so don’t try to make them squeel!
- Collection Manager: A dedicated Krosmaster figurine showcase window will be added to your Haven-Bag, in the room dedicated to management tools. At the time of activation, these windows can also be crafted or obtained via the Bourtique.
- Recipes: Recipes related to Krosmaster will be integrated. There will be 14 recipes for the Handyman profession and 5 recipes for the Baker profession. There will be recipes for all levels!
- Krosmadex: The Krosmadex, the “dealer”, dedicated to Krosmaster will be present next to the tavern in Astrub. He will help you get one of four “Baan” (not translated yet) pets in exchange for a “Krosmaster Ball“. This token can be obtained from Sasha once the system is active.
- Auction Houses: A new “Krosmaster” category will be added in the filter “Miscellaneous“.