Quickly on the heels of last month’s new Foggernaut class and Almanax Daily Quest System, Content Update 1.6 has arrived and brings with it a plethora of new content: the Whispering Island, 50+ new items, 4 exclusive dungeons, new creatures, and much more! (UPDATED 10/02/2012)
See the teaser announcement for a detailed look at a number of key features
within Content Update 1.6: “Snap, Crackler, Whisperer.”
- Storm Arrow: It will not undergo any further decrease of area damage but will be limited to 2 uses per turn.
- Explosive Arrow: Inflicts -68 HP (Lv. 100) and 36% chance of exploding (instead of -72 and 48%).
- Kittikaze: Inflicts the correct damage.
- Double or Quits: Correctly activates on the spell Batlle in the event of being under the “God Ecaflip” card effect.
- Double or Quits: Correctly works after a critical hit with “Loaded Dice.”
- Double or Quits: No longer allows use if no damage was made during the turn.
- Mine: If a mine is stepped on by an Enutrof while in the area of effect of a “FeatherTornado,” the Enutrof will be pushed back and will loose his mine bonuses in addition to any other associated effect.
- Refinement: Damage linked to destroyed items will be applied as expected.
- Crashing Wave: Works as intended.
- Intimidation Aura: Cannot be stacked on an enemy.
Flurry: The animation was shortened.
- Phoenix Spirit: If the Osamodas is defeated in combat while under Phoenix Spirit, the summon will no longer play its death animation twice. For better visual consistency, it will die with its owner without the benefit of Phoenix Spirit.
- Karchamrak: No longer attempts to pick-up invalid objects (such as Scara Eggs) in order to prevent the unnecessary loss of AP; only a barrel or another character may be lifted.
- Aggressive Barrel & Milky Instinct: The barrel will correctly reflect the inflicted damage.
PANDAWA & ENIRIPSA
- Karchamrak & Regeneration: An Eniripsa carried while under the effects of “Regeneration” will now transfer their status effect to the Pandawa beneath for better management.
- Blinding Bomb: Chances of applying “Blindess” has been adjusted to 5% (Lv. 0) – 15% (Lv. 100), and 10% – 30% for Critical (formerly 5% – 30%, and 10% – 70% for Criticals).
- Vaporize: While in use, a summoned Greedy will be under a “Controlled” state.
- Invisibility: Damage penalty is reduced by 10% per enemy as soon as the fight contains more than 1 enemy. For example, an invisible Sram fighting 3 enemies will have his damage penalty reduced by 30%.
- Torment: Inflicts -4 HP (lvl 0) and -60 HP (lvl 100), +1% damage per level of Hemorrhage (instead of -5 and -70).
- Stasis spells: Damage has been adjusted to improve the balance of progression and strength. Here’s an example with “Heart of Steam”:
- Before: lvl 5 = -5 HP, lvl 25 = -7 HP, lvl 50 = -26, lvl 75 = -76, lvl 100 = -174.
- After: lvl 5 = -5 HP, lvl 25 = -15, lvl 50 = -47, lvl 75 = -100, lvl 100 = -175.
- Specialty Spells: Sound has been improved.
- Stasified: No longer disappears once WP has been transferred away from an enemy.
- Motherfogger: Use of this spell in PvE no longer prevents other combatants from gaining experience.
- Fire and Oil: Puddles of oil will no longer be targetable.
- Microbot: Part of the description of the spell was changed to “size of the rails between Microbots: X” to make it more understandable.
- Having the Almanax open will no longer prevent the user from utilizing their spells upon being attacked.
- HP will no longer increase if a player is invited into a group. This was an issue with the display, since HP was not actually recovered.
- Sounds coming from players in a fight will now be correctly adjusted for others in the area who are not involved with the fight or in spectator mode.
- The chat command /time will now work properly during a fight.
- Increased the experience gain of the Mobile Arenas for an improved reward. Here are the enhanced results based on character levels:
- Lv. 0-20: +150% EXP
- Lv. 21-30: +142% EXP
- Lv. 31-40: +130% EXP
- Lv. 41-50: +120% EXP
- Lv. 51-60: +109% EXP
- Lv. 61-70: +93% EXP
- Lv. 71-80: +78% EXP
- Lv. 81-90: +61% EXP
- Lv. 91-105: +14% EXP
- The Undieworld: The Nun will only summon three times, instead of four.
- Lunar Altar: The “Hairy Moon” bonus will no longer be granted to the whole team when the Osamodas casts “Symbiosa” after killing a Lunar Priestess.
- Monster groups from the following areas have been rebalanced to improve gaming experience. They will contain the same families as before, but composed differently:
- Amakna: Fertile Prairie (Dandy Lions, Dandelions, Evil Dandelions, Sunflowers, Demonic Roses, Darkover Roses, Scarecrows, Gobblies, Gobballs, Gobbettes).
- Bonta: Cania Plains (Scaraflies, Scaramels, Scaraladies, Scarabosses, Bellaphones, Mooflies, Prespics, Moogrrs, Moogrroons, Tofus).
- Brakmar: Mourning Wood (Scaraflies, Scaramels, Scaraladies, Scarabosses, Bellaphones, Gobballs).
- Sufokia: Terrana Dune (Bernardos, Albatrocious, Don Puffnandos, Zordfishes, Sergeants Izungry, Gobballs).
- Creatures will parry as intended; previously, this was not the case.
- Damage inflicted from the side or from the back by Borbats and Ghouls will now receive intended bonuses.
- The Tibia Thrasher will now correctly play its animation.
- The Hoodlums will now correctly play their animation when hit.
- All Ultimate Bosses have mastered the art of dodging reflected damage.
- Restate of Emergency: No longer activates on new characters.
- Super Kano Smash Boulz: Validates correctly.
- Zinit to Win It: Appears in the Quest journal and validate itself.
- The Wicker Basket: Giving the basket to Mooze before accepting the quest no longer prevents the ability to complete it.
- All new Almanax quests issue an additional 10,000 EXP reward. Beware that this modification cannot be undone, so choose wisely!
- Offerings can now only be brought to a Meridia on its celebration date.
- On October 29th, the Al Howin exploits will be displayed in-game within the Al Howin dungeon.
- Brumaire, Raval, and Maimane Insignias will now appear in the Almanax rewards as one unisex version each.
- Temple Teleporters will be available in stacks of 10 for the cost of 1 Almoken, formerly 1-for-1.
- Whispering Island is now available to travelers by boat. See the associated Content Update Teaser and Dev Blog for greater details.
- In preparation of their impending release, (empty) Haven Worlds can be seen throughout the world, located within all Merchant Bridges. Though beware that this feature is not yet released and as a result, no interaction is possible (so stop clicking!). More information soon.
- Repairs for workshops and other containers under reconstruction will no longer be reset after a maintenance.
- Sets can be separated even if the character does not meet the level requirement to wear the equipment pieces.
- Shoulders of the Farmer and Empress Insignias now display correctly.
- Twixler Candy cannot be traded.
- Excarnus Hooves display correctly when the user wearing them moves.
- Brick Bread can be stacked up to a quantity of 9,999 (formerly 999).
- The new Gazette has been published, detailing the Whispering Island.
- While mousing over an interactive element, the mouse icon will now indicate an action.
- When leaving Incarnam after the Ogrest fight, characters will appear in their normal stance, instead of a fighting stance.