Yesterday, you were able to see the spells and ablities that came with each of the three elementary branches… Now today, we tell you about Foggernaut Specialties. Game Design team member, Kwoac, has also returned to give us a few facts about the Specialties and their development process as well!
The basic strategy of the Foggernaut is its unique technology: the Microbot! This creation is a little mechanics that give him a unique style in combat.
Foggernauts can place these “insects” on the field to create rails allowing them to move on several cells for a low MP cost. They can also use them to deploy artillery, receive help from war machines, or heal themselves!
The Fogger can use Microbots to create Cybots and Motherfoggers. When two Microbots are placed in line with one another, a set of Rails is generated to join them up. Oh, and at the start of each turn, the Microbot inflicts damage. It’s as useful as a Swiss army knife!
- Lvl 0: 5 AP – 1 Range / Lvl 9: 3AP – 1 Range
- Lvl 0: Places an Activated Microbot (3 charges). At start of each of the Fogger’s turns: 1% Aynaloxide Damage. Max size Rails created: 3.
- Lvl 9: Places an Activated Microbot (6 charges). At start of each of the Fogger’s turns: 15% Aynaloxide Damage. Max size of Rails created: 5.
By standing on a Microbot, the Foggernaut can trigger his Motherfogger and consequently turn into a great, motorized weapon of destruction.
- Lvl 0: 3 AP – 0 Range / Lvl 9: 1 AP – 0 Range
- Lvl 0: Tranforms into a Motherfogger. Deactivates the Microbot. +3% Resist.
- Lvl 9: Transforms into a Motherfogger. Deactivates the Microbot. +30% Resist.
The Cybot makes an excellent ally, as the Fogger can use it to attack or move around more efficiently.
- Lvl 0: 6 AP & 2 WP – 1 Range / Lvl 9: 3 AP & 2 WP – 1 Range
- Lvl 0: Builds a Cybot. 7% of Foggernaut’s HP. Memorizes and relays Stasis shots. Deactivates the Microbot.
- Lvl 9: Builds a Cybot. 25% of Foggernaut’s HP. Memorizes and relays Stasis shots. Deactivates the Microbot.
The Fogger turns into a Fogginator. In a last-ditch push, he becomes ultra-powerful for one turn, before exploding at the end of it.
- Lvl 0: 1 WP – 0 Range / Lvl 9: 1 WP – 0 Range
- Lvl 0: +20% Damage (except Stasis), +1 AP, +1 MP, +1 Range, explodes at end of turn.
- Lvl 9: +120% Damage (except Stasis), +2 AP, +3 MP, +3 Range, explodes at end of turn.
The Foggernaut can destroy his Microbot in order to regenerate some of this health he’s missing.
- Lvl 0: 6 AP – 0-1 Range / Lvl 9: 4 AP – 0-1 Range
- Lvl 0: Detroys the Microbot. Heals by 1% of total HP.
- Lvl 9: Destroys the Microbot. Heals by 5% of total HP.
Armor Plating increases the Foggernaut’s resistance and the number of Charges of his mechanical devices.
- Lvl 1: +1% Resist. +0 Charge to mechanical devices.
- Lvl 20: +20% Resist. +5 Charges to mechanical devices.
Groove allows the Foggernaut to enlarge the Rails created by his Microbots, as well as increase the Microbots’ damage.
- Lvl 1: +5% Damage done by Microbots. +0 Mechanics. +0 max Rail size.
- Lvl 20: +100% Damage done my Microbots. +5 Mechanics. +2 max Rail size
Thanks to this passive spell, when the Foggernaut uses a WP, he will unlock new abilities for his next attack.
- Lvl 1: If WP used, then next turn: +1% Critical Hits, +5 Dodge.
- Lvl 20: If WP used, then next turn: +20% Critical Hits, +100 Dodge.
This passive spell reinforces the Foggernaut’s metal plating, consequently increasing his HP.
- Lvl 1: +1% max HP.
- Lvl 20: +20% max HP.
Fire and Oil
When the Foggernaut is attacked by an enemy, he has a chance to cause damage in the area around him and create a puddle of oil on the ground, which will make people slip one cell if they walk on it.
- Lvl 1: When attacked, 1% chance of: -0.5 HP (fire) per level, producing a puddle of oil (circle).
- Lvl 20: When attacked, 20% chance of: -0.5 HP (fire) per level, producing a puddle of oil (circle).
We will now finish with a few words from Kwoac about the specialties of the Foggernaut:
“Concerning specialties, the trophy surely goes to the Microbot which brought additionally to new movement means, weeks of bugs and redesign! At first Microbots were like Feca glyphs, but better: if an enemy stepped in its area of effect, the bot would cast Aynaloxide at the same level as yours. A bug also made it that it would hit all fighters… A real slaughter!
Another fun fact with Fogginator: back then, a bug appearing if you transformed in Fogginator while being carried by a Pandawa, leading to the death of your Panda friend! Just what you needed to turn your friends against you…”
This was our last Dev Blog about the Foggernauts spells. You now know everything about this class and should be ready when you get to create your own!