Think you have what it takes to narrate the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn “Fate of Eorzea” trailer? The Community Team challenges you to create your own version of the trailer’s voice over for fun and a chance to win some luscious loot!
We will be providing the script and a version of the “Fate of Eorzea” trailer without voice-over. All you need to do is record your own voice-over audio and submit it! No need to worry about incorporating it into the video!
Warm up your larynx and head over to the forums to learn more.
And in his diligence, crafted scenes of unimaginable epicness
In mere weeks, the Community Team planned it out
The most amazing voices among us will be spared,
Sent beyond the reach of the internet, where they remained
A new voice-over is upon us, and we dub to make it ours!
Think you have what it takes to narrate the “Fate of Eorzea” trailer? The Community Team challenges you to create your own version of the trailer’s voice over for fun and a chance to win some luscious loot!
We will be providing everyone with a script and the “Fate of Eorzea” trailer without voice-over. All you need to do is record your own voice-over audio and submit it. No need to worry about incorporating it into the video!
August 27, 2012 to September 7, 2012 11:59 PM PDT
Submit either a link to your audio file or the audio file itself to the below contest email address with the subject line “FFXIV Dub Contest”:
Please include the following information in your email:
- Character name
- World name
- Forum name (if applicable)
If submitting audio files, please note the below:
- The file size cannot exceed 10MB.
- Any file extension is acceptable.
For those players not unfamiliar with how to record audio with their computers, we recommend the following:
- A microphone is useful, but you don’t need top of the line equipment to make your recording! Many gaming headsets feature microphones that should do the job just fine or any other standalone microphone you have should also be okay. Don’t have a mic? Most laptops have built in-microphones, or you can use your cell phone to make a recording (further details below)!
- Utilize the “Sound Recorder” program that comes with the Windows operating system.
- Utilize SoundCloud or a similar audio hosting site. This will allow you to record and host your audio, so that all you need to do is send the link to your voice-over entry.
- Utilize SoundCloud’s mobile phone application for quick and easy uploads. (iOS/Android)
- Read some recording tips on the SoundCloud site.
- You can also use the “Voice Memos/Recording” feature available on most mobile phones and email yourself the file for submission.
*Be sure to record in a quiet location away from outside noise!
Watch the “Fate of Eorzea” trailer without voice-over
Script and Timestamps
(0:07) The Garleans came from the North
(0:11) and in their fury called down unimaginable destruction from the skies
(0:17) In mere moments, countless lives were lost
(0:23) Yet the bravest among us were spared,
(0:27) sent beyond the reach of time where we remained
(0:31) Until now
(0:34) A new age is upon us
(0:37) and we fight to make it ours
Community Team Samples (we aren’t shy, so you shouldn’t be either!):
Listen to Bayohne’s sample – “I realize I pronounced Garleans wrong. I hope the Localization guys don’t listen to this.”
Listen to Camate’s sample – “I feel like my “Until now!” part was a bit too anti-climatic. I was so excited, then got to that part and I dunno what happened… “
Listen to Rukkirii’s sample – “Maybe my voice can be pulled off as a Miqo’te? Just pretend that it can. “
Listen to Okipuit’s sample – “Clearly, I have never done voice acting… UNTIL NOW.”
The Community Team will select one grand prize winner and four runners-up.
- A Scarf of Wondrous Wit
- A FINAL FANTASY XIV Field Tracks soundtrack
- A FINAL FANTASY XIV Battle Tracks soundtrack
- A FINAL FANTASY XIV Stuffed Moogle Kuplu Kopo
- One Scarf of Wondrous Wit
The Community Team will be mixing the winning voice-overs into the trailer once they are chosen! Don’t worry too much about timing the audio perfectly with the trailer, though!
- Click here to read over the full list of the official contest rules.
- Voice-overs that do not follow the provided script will be disqualified.
- Only audio submissions will be accepted.
- Entries with music or audio other than the main voice-over will be disqualified.
- English voice-overs only.
- Any entries that are deemed to be grossly deviant from the contest matter will be disqualified.
- One entry per player. If multiple entries are submitted, only the first one sent will be valid.
- Only entries from a valid North American Square Enix Account will be accepted. (Please read the entire list of rules before entering)
The Community Team will select the winners on or around September 10, 2012, and post the winning entries on the official forum. The full list of entries will be posted on the official forum roughly a week after the winners have been announced.