Today is Day 4 in our series of announcements regarding the class re-balancing efforts coming in the next Content Update. In this final installment, we bring you the Feca, Eniripsa, and Xelor classes!
As mentioned in the Day 1 Announcement, the re-balancing will be implemented in the next patch, Content Update 1.5, and a complete stat reset (spells levels, abilities, and specialties) will accompany these changes. Without further ado:
- Water Glyphs and Armor: From now on both Armor increase resists and Glyphs increase damage. Armors: level 0 = +10% resist; level 100 = +50% +1 per plate. Glyphs: level 0 = +10% damage; level 100 = +50% +1 per plate.
- Bubble: Costs 2 AP & 1 MP (before: 2 AP). Limited to 2/target. Damage level 0-100 = 3 – 42 (before: 2 – 24).
- Avalanche: Damage level 0-100 = 5 – 80 (before: 5 – 74).
Explanation: Water Glyphs and Armor now make more sense, and also receive a slight boost in their damage and resist bonuses.
- Volcano: Costs 4 AP & 2 MP (before: 6 AP). Limited to 1/target. Damage level 0-100 = 6 – 95 (before: 6 – 71).
- Fecastopheles: Range 2-3 (before: 2). (Still not modifiable without sight.)
Explanation: We slightly improved the Fire and Water Branches thanks to a boost of damage and cost changes.
- Fecablades: Costs 2 AP (before: 3 AP). Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 25 (before: 3 – 40).
- Fecammer: Costs 3 MP (before: 1 AP & 2 MP). Limited to 1/target.
- Defensive Orb: Costs 3 AP (before 2 AP & 1 MP). Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 31 (before: 2 – 36). Willpower given by the glyph = 1/charge (before: 5/charge).
- Peace Armor: No longer gives final resists. The resists are now multiplied by 1.05 at level 0 and 1.50 at level 9. Peace Armor no longer deals the damage that was absorbed when it disappears.
- Glyphs: It is no longer possible to cumulate the effects of the same glyph from the Earth and Water branches.
- Spell Rebound: Becomes Counter.
- Counter: At level 20, gives 10% chance to reflect damage and 20% resist to backstab damage.
Explanation: We decided to modify Peace Armor and Spell Rebound, which we thought were too powerful. The new Peace Armor should still be very useful on a Feca with high resists.
- Infection: It is now the “Infection” state that influences the chances to apply a state, and no longer “Hygiene”. “Infection” state is only triggered if another state of the Air Branch is applied. Infection rate / % chance to apply the state:
- Fear Flask: + 1 Infection
- Psykosis Flask: +1 Infection; % = Infection x1 / x1 with Critical Hit. Now limited to 2/target.
- Pain Flask: +1 Infection; % = Infection x3 / x4 with Critical Hit.
- Infected Flask: +2 Infection; % = Infection x2 / x3 with Critical Hit.
- Lethargy Flask: +2 Infection; % = Infection x2 / x3 with Critical Hit.
Explanation: We modified the mechanics of the effects of the Air Branch. An Air Eniripsa will finally be able to apply states (via the “Infection” state) without needing the other two branches.
- Traid Mark: Critical Hits are changed to x1.5.
- Hammle Mark: Costs 4 AP & 1 MP (before: 5AP). Damage doesn’t change.
- Rebirth Mark: Costs 3 AP & 1 WP (before: 2 AP). Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 54 (before: 2 – 22). Limited to 1/target.
Explanation: We wanted to slightly revalue the Fire Branch with a few changes. Also, the possibility to heal with marks with the support spell “Regeneration” will be improved thanks to fire damage being taken into account (without taking heal bonuses into account).
- Constitution: Increases HP of the Eni by 1% at level 1 and 10% at level 20. Increases HP of the allies by 1% at level 1 and 15% at level 20.
- Unnatural Remedies: Zombification state changes from -5/-10/-15/-20/-25/-30/-35/-40/-45/-50% resist to heals to +50/+45/+40/+35/+30/+25/+20/+15/+10/+0%.
- Transcendence: No longer gives “Hygiene” bonus. Costs 3/3/3/2/2/2/1/1/1/0 AP & 1WP.
- Absorption: On the Eni +1% Absorption each 2 levels until 10% at level 20. Same on the Aura with 1 level difference (becomes active at level 2 of the spell). The Aura now has a range of 2 (before: 1).
- Regeneration: Changes Fire spells into heals. No longer takes the heal bonus into account, instead taking bonuses to all elemental damage into account.
Explanation: This class has support spells that made it too resistant. We decided to reduce these bonuses, while offering a more support-oriented role. We therefore modified “Zombification” in order to make sure that the Water Eni wouldn’t deal more damage than his healing capacity.
- Clock: Costs 5 AP & 1 MP (before: 6 AP). Range: 2 – 4 (before: 1 – 3). Damage level 0-100 = 5 – 55 (before: 3/6 – 35/70). Damage becomes identical on all affected cells, same for AP loss. AP Removal: Level 0-100 = 30% – 80% (before: 10% / 30% around – 30% / 90% at center).
- Sinistro: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 26 (before: 1 – 16). Sinistro’s HP is doubled.
Explanation: We gave more interest to the spells that were not used as much (Clock and Sinistro) in order to give more diversity to the Xelor.
- Temporal Distortion: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 25 (before: 1 – 19). Hyperaction: level 0 = -5 Tick/+0 Tack; lvl100 = -25 Tick/+0 Tack.
- Xelor Punishment: Damage level 0-100 = 7 – 90 (before: 5 – 70). Hyperaction: level 0 = -10 Tick; level 100 = -40 Tick (before: -10 to -20).
Explanation: For this branch, we wanted to make sure that a more appropriate amount of “Hyperaction” could be removed in a Tick turn. Also we decided to improve some damage.
- Line of Fire: Costs 4 AP & 1 MP (before: 4 AP). Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 55 (before: 2 – 41). Initiative loss doesn’t change.
- Temporal Burn: Damage level 1 – 12 (before: 1 – 16). -2 Init to -8 Init (before: -3 to -10). No longer triggers Rollback.
- Hydrand: Costs 5 AP (before: 6 AP). Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 62 (before: 4 – 68)
Explanation: We wanted to reduce significantly Temporal Burn in order to give it back its role as flexible spell to use at the end of the turn. Furthermore, modifications to Line of Fire should make it a real alternative to Hand – slightly less powerful but usable in melee.
- Mummification: No longer gives AP and damage bonus to the controlled character. No longer costs WP. AP cost changes to 6/5/5/4/4/3/3/2/2/1. Range changes to 2/2/3/3/4/4/5/5/6/7.
- Temporal Armor: Now gives 1 Mechanics at level 10 and 2 Mechanics at level 20.
- Rollback: Now gives 20% chance to gain 1AP for each AP used with a maximum of +3AP/turn.
Explanation: We decided to add Mechanics to the passive Temporal Armor to create more interesting opportunities with Sinistro and Hydrand. Concerning the change of Rollback, we wanted to make the spell less random and more regular while removing its game breaking side. Finally, Xelors being big WP consumers, we decided to remove the WP cost of Mummification, while also removing the AP and damage bonuses provided by this spell. The previous approach was way too powerful and we had to rebalance significantly.
Please feel free to share your feedback with the team by commenting on this Dev Blog.
And that concludes the series! We hope that you have enjoyed all of the changes we’ve announced this week, and that it has you excited for Content Update 1.5, which is right around the corner!