Special Re-Balancing Week: Iop, Pandawa, Rogue, and Sram

Today is Day 3 in our series of announcements regarding the class re-balancing efforts coming in the next Content Update. In this installment, we bring you the Iop, Pandawa, Rogue, and Sram classes!

As mentioned in the Day 1 Announcement, the re-balancing will be implemented in the next patch, Content Update 1.5, and a complete stat reset (spells levels, abilities, and specialties) will accompany these changes. Without further ado:

Iop

Fire

  • Judgment: Costs 4 AP & 1 MP (before: 4AP). Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 70 (before: 3 – 54).
  • Iop’s Wrath: Damage level 0-100 = 8 – 90 (before: 8 – 100).

 
Explanation: The modification to Judgment should give new opportunities to Fire Iops. We also had to slightly reduce Iop’s Wrath as it didn’t match our balance scale (due to the “Explosion”).
 

Earth

  • Impact: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 26 (before: 2 – 28).
  • Devastate: Costs 5 AP & 1 MP (before: 6 AP & 1 MP). Damage level 0-100 = 7 – 75 (before: 8 – 80).

 
Explanation: We wanted to give more value to Devastate with a cost change. This should give more build variety.
 

Air

  • Jabs: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 32 (before: 2 – 30).
  • Flurry: Damage level 0-100 = 1 – 14 (before: 1 – 12).
  • Gutting Gust: Costs 1 MP (before: 2 MP). Damage level 0-100 = 1 – 20 (before: 2 – 40). Limited to 2/target.

 
Explanation: Since this branch is limited due to a lack of area spells or range spells, we thought it would make sense to slightly exceed our balance scale, with a small boost to Jabs and Flurry.
 

Pandawa 

Water

  • Bubble Trouble: Costs 1 AP & 2 MP (before: 3 AP). Limited to 2/turn. Damage level 0-100 = On target: 0 – 40 (before: 3 – 34); On barrel: 4 – 45 (before:  4 – 40).
  • Milk Wave: Cost 6 AP & 1 WP (before: 6 AP). Damage level 0-100 = On target: 6 – 85 (before: 5 – 73); On barrel: 7 – 95 (before: 6 – 80).

Fire

  • Flaming Burp: Damage level 0-100 = 3 – 38 (before: 3 – 35).
  • Light My Fire: Costs 1 AP & 2 MP (before: 2 AP). Limited to 1/target. Damage level 0-100 = 3 – 37 (before: 2 – 18).

 
Explanation: This slight improvement to the Water and Fire Branches comes by way of changes to costs and damage. The current overall damage output of the Pandawa was matching our balance scale; therefore, we didn’t want to make more changes than necessary.
 

Earth

  • Bash Barrel: Limited to 2/turn.
  • Blisskrieg: The Pandawa now teleports to the 4th cell in the line (not modifiable), and deals damage in a line to the cells he passed through. 

 
Explanation: The Earth Changes are mainly here to limit some abuses we could see in-game.
 

Rogue

Earth

  • Piercing Shot: Damage level 0-100 = 5 – 65 (before: 5 – 52). Reduces the target’s resists by 10% – 100%. Range 2-4 (before: 1-4).
  • Cross Fire: Damage level 0-100 = 3 – 47 (before: 3 – 42).
  • Blam: Costs 4 AP + 1 MP (before: 4 AP). Damage level 0-100 = 5 – 68 (before: 4 – 52).
  • Pulsar: Costs 1 AP/MP – 12 AP/MP (before 1 – 9).

 
Explanation: We significantly improved the Earth Branch with changes to damage and costs. However, we decided to limit the effect of Piercing Shot to avoid abuse on Bosses with high resists.
 

Air

  • Slap Shot: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 28 (before: 2 – 30).
  • Boomerang Dagger: Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 51 (before: 5 – 62); Critical Hit: 6+2 – 76+12 (before: 8+4 – 90+15). Range can no longer be modified.
  • Longsword: Damage level 0-100 = 6 – 80 (before: 6 – 85).

 
Explanation: The Air Branch was lowered. Since the Air Rogue can easily access his opponent’s back, can reach very high Air damage thanks to his Air Master passive, and has good Critical Hit effects, it could deal too high of damage. We had to change that.
 

Fire

  • Barbed Fire: Becomes the first spell of the tree. Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 21 (before: 2 – 18).
  • Burning Bomb: Becomes the 2nd spell of the tree. Damage level 0-100 = 6 – 65 (before: 4 – 40). It is no longer possible to target someone directly with a bomb.
  • Blaze: Costs 3 AP & 1 MP (before: 3 AP). Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 48 (before: 3 – 34).
  • Blinding Bomb: Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 50 (before:  3 – 30). It is no longer possible to target someone directly with a bomb.
  • Flaming Claw: Costs 5 AP & 1 WP (before: 6 AP). Usable 1/target. Damage level 0-100 = 7 – 91 (before: 6 – 65).

 
Explanation: For the Fire Branch, we decided to remove the possibility to cast bombs directly on a target since it was in opposition with one of the main interests of casting them on the ground. However, we improved the damage of bombs, and other spells. This should make the branch more interesting.
 

Specialties

  • Air Master: Changes from 40% to 30% of the Initiative at level 20.
  • Runaway: Changes from 40% to 30% at level 20. Only applies to melee attacks and moves 1-2 cells (before: 1-3).

 

Sram

Fire

  • Hemorrhage: Now takes the fire elemental damage of the Sram and the fire resists of the target into account. Damage level 0-100 = 1 fire damage for 2 of hemorrhage (before: 1 damage for 3).
  • Cold Blood: Damage level 0-100 = 3 – 39 (before: 3 – 37).
  • First Blood: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 25 (before: 2 – 23).
  • Torment: Damage doesn’t change. Damage bonus based on the %HP missing now works properly (no longer takes the resist). This spell is of the “Sr’ambush” type.
  • Bled Dry: Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 53 (before: 4 – 50).
  • Execution: Damage level 0-100 = 7 – 95 (before: 6 – 80). This spell is of the “Sr’ambush” type.

 
Explanation: We improved this branch by slightly increasing spell damage and changing Hemorrhage so that it takes fire damage into account.
 

Water

  • Petty Theft: On a Critical Hit, the second AP/MP is stolen with 50% chance (before: 100% chance). This spell is of the “Sr’ambush” type.
  • Sramshackle: On a Critical Hit, the second AP/MP is stolen with 50% chance (before: 100% chance). This spell is of the “Sr’ambush” type.

Air

  • Fear: Damage level 0-100 = 2 – 25 (before: 3 – 20).
  • Tricky Blow: Damage level 0-100 = 4 – 55 (before: 4 – 45).
  • Forceful Blow: Damage level 0-100 = 3 – 40 (before: 3 – 35). +10% damage when hitting on the back at lvl 0; +30% at lvl 100 (instead of 30% everytime).
  • Guile: -25% damage during each turn (instead of -50%)
  • Trauma: This spell is of “Sr’ambush” type.

 
Explanation: We improved a few spells of the Air Branch like Guile, which should now reduce damage by 25% instead of 50%. This should offer more alternatives to Diversion and Look Around You in order to reach the target’s back.
 

Specialties

  • Invisibility: Cost, at level 9, 3 AP & 1 WP (before: 3 AP & 2 WP). Perception: +300 Perception on the first turn (at all levels); on the following turns, Level 0 = +100 to level 9 = +200 Perception. Loss of 6 Perception for each AP used (before: 2). Loss of 20 Perception at the beginning of each turn (before: 10). When invisible, damage is divided by 2 except for “Sr’ambush” spells. “Sr’ambush” spells inflict normal damage but reveal the Sram, even with the Shadow Master passive. Additionally, monsters Perception will also be rebalanced to make sure that they don’t detect the Sram too easily.

 
Explanation: The Invisibility mechanic was too much of an advantage, and had to be changed. Now an invisible Sram will deal reduced damage, except for some spells (called “Sr’ambush”), which will reveal him directly. To summarize, the Sram will have the choice between staying invisible and harassing the opponent with low damage or dealing high damage while visible. Furthermore, Invisibility will last less time since we increased the Perception loss at each turn. To compensate for all of that, we decided to reduce the cost of Invisibility at level 9 to 1WP (instead of 2WP).
 

  • Double: Now has a fixed amount of AP, WP and MP (6AP, 4MP and 3WP). The damage penalty doesn’t change (50% at level 0 and 100% at level 9.)

 
Explanation: We decided to give a fixed amount of AP/MP to the double. We thought it was too imbalanced to be able to have a summon with the same stats as its caster for a cost of 4 AP & 1 WP, doubling the efficiency of the Sram’s gains in AP and MP (with stats and equipment) compared to other classes. With these changes, we tried to find the most adaptable solution possible.
 

  • Diversion: Now has a 40% chance to make the target look away at level 0 and 60% at level 100 (before: 100%). No longer triggers the “Stabber” state. No longer applies the “Hemorrhage” state.

Please feel free to share your feedback with the team by commenting on this Dev Blog. Tomorrow will be the final day in this series and we will discuss the changes to Fecas, Eniripsas, and Xelors!