In order to improve the player experience, we will be merging Worlds on Tuesday, March 27, 2012.
We have reevaluated the World merge system based on the large amount of user feedback we received for the World Merge and Character Transfers update of February 9. Now that the details of the new World merge system have been decided, we urge all players to review the World Merge Summary and Notes Regarding the World Merge and World Transfer.
Read on for details about the World merge and World transfers.
About the World Merge and World Transfers (02/17/2012)
We have reevaluated the World merge system based on the large amount of user feedback we received in response to the World Merge and Character Transfers update of February 9. Now that the details of the new World merge system have been decided, we recommend that all players review the World Merge Summary and Notes Regarding the World Merge and World Transfer.
This World merge is intended to improve the player experience during the period up to the launch of FFXIV Version 2.0. New Worlds may be added in the future, for example after the relaunch or when player numbers increase.
[World Merge Summary]
March 27 (Tuesday), 2012: World merge maintenance to be carried out.
Information regarding the time required for the merge maintenance process and other details will be released at a later date.
* The World transfer application period will consist of two stages. For details, see World Transfer Application below.
|Current Worlds||New Worlds|
Ragnarok will be recommended for players in the European time zones. This should improve the playing experience for European players, who form a small minority scattered across the Worlds, and make it easier for them to get together and form parties. However, this is a recommendation only. The World will not be restricted to European players, and players from other regions will be free to transfer to the World.
Please note that if we determine that the new Ragnarok does not attract enough players to deliver a satisfying game experience, we will consider options such as reopening World transfer applications or merging with another World. We therefore encourage players to keep it in mind as one of the options.
* The World Transfer Application Page is scheduled to be available from March 1.
* The World transfer application period will consist of a first and second stage.
* Players will not be able to select Worlds that are already populated with the maximum number of characters, but players will be able to move from such Worlds to other Worlds. Note that if a player leaves one World to transfer to another World, and in the interim the first World is filled with the maximum number of characters, the player will no longer be able to transfer back to the original World.
* It is possible that some Worlds will reach the population limit very soon after World transfer applications begin.
– Locked Worlds cannot be selected as a transfer destination.
– As well, all players in locked Worlds will no longer be able to apply for World transfers.
For this reason, we recommend that players complete their World transfer applications in the First Stage.
– Players cannot apply to transfer to New Hyperion.
– Characters who have already applied for Hyperion can no longer select another World to transfer to.
– All characters in Trabia and Kashuan who have not already applied for a transfer to another World can no longer do so.
* To view and change subscription details, visit the Square Enix Account Management System and click Select Service on the left-hand menu, and then select FINAL FANTASY XIV.
If your character name must be changed because another character’s name takes priority, please enter a new name by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in after the World merge maintenance has taken place.
* After you enter a new name for the character, the change will also be reflected on the Lodestone.
With this World merge, all character names reserved for use from the Open Beta that have not yet been assigned to characters in the release version will be deleted, and thus no longer able to be carried over.
If you are required to change the name, please do so by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in after the World merge.
* The Lodestone linkshell pages will also be carried over.
* Players who transfer from the new merged World to a different World will be removed automatically from all linkshells in the current World.
* If the linkshell master leaves the merged World and transfers to a different World, the master will no longer be a linkshell member, but the linkshell itself will continue to exist in the merged World.
In this case only, players may use a GM call to change the linkshell name after the World merge maintenance is completed. Because linkshell names may be rejected due to the use of forbidden words or other reasons, players should submit multiple candidates when making the GM call.
* Only masters can change linkshell names.