In order to improve the player experience, we will be merging Worlds on Tuesday, March 27, 2012.
To ensure that the World merge is fair for all players, server transfers will be required for all existing characters. Players must select a new post-merge World for their characters, and will be reassigned automatically should they not do so by the established deadline. We urge you all to review the World Merge Summary and Notes Regarding the World Merge.
Read on for more details on the World merge and character transfers.
To ensure that the World merge is fair for all players, character transfers will be required for all existing characters. Players must select a new post-merge World for their characters, and will be reassigned automatically should they not do so by the established deadline. We urge you all to review the World Merge Summary and the Notes Regarding the World Merge.
This World merge is intended to improve the player experience during the period up to the launch of FFXIV Version 2.0. New Worlds may be added in the future, for example after the relaunch or when player numbers increase.
[World Merge Summary]
March 27 (Tuesday), 2012: World merge maintenance to be carried out.
Information regarding the time required for the merge maintenance process and other details will be released at a later date.
* The character transfer selection period will consist of two stages. For details, see Selecting a Transfer Destination below.
* World recommended for
New World 10 is recommended for German and French-speaking players. German and French-speakers form a minority within the total player population, and this should improve their playing experience and make it easier for them to get together and form parties. However, it is a recommendation only. The World will not be restricted to German and French speakers, and players from other regions are free to transfer to the World.
* The new Worlds shall inherit the names of the ten most popular current Worlds. Name assignments will be announced after the transfer selection period has ended.
* The World Transfer Application Page is scheduled to be available from March 1.
* Transfer selection period will consist of a first and second stage.
* Players will not be able to select Worlds that have already been filled. Players can, however, move from Worlds that have been filled to other Worlds.
* To view and change your subscription details, visit the Square Enix Account Management System and click Select Service on the left-hand menu, and then select FINAL FANTASY XIV.
If your character name must be changed because another character’s name takes priority, please do so by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in after the World merge.
* After you enter a new name for the character, the change will also be reflected on the Lodestone.
With this World merge, all character names that were kept after participation in the previous Open Beta test will be deleted.
If you are required to change the name, please do so by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in after the World merge.
* Linkshell community pages on the Lodestone will no longer be accessible after the merge.
Because linkshells will be deleted, you may lose contact with linkshell members. However, your Lodestone follow list will survive the World merge unchanged, so we recommend that players who want to stay in touch follow each other before the merge takes place.
* The “follow” will persist even if the character’s name is changed.
* You can follow characters through the linkshell list or via each character’s own page.
Players will be able to follow characters through the linkshell list starting today, February 9.