Skullgirls Pushed Back To 2012
The Skullgirls website was updated, along with news that the game will be pushed back to 2012 in order to ensure a solid, quality release. Can’t say I oppose this, the game clearly isn’t ready to launch, as indicated in the sneak peak versions trickling all over justin.tv.
Here are a few of the changes and features we’ve implemented or will be implementing based on the community’s feedback:
- Gameplay speed changes – 10% faster!
- Lots of new effects and overall presentation improvements
- Upgraded backgrounds to 3D
- Additional music from Michiru Yamane
- Requested color palettes
- Accidental pause prevention option – hold Start for 15 frames to pause
- PlayStation 3 custom soundtrack optionButton macros to help when playing on a pad
- Innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks
- In-game art galleries
I’m surprised they got Microsoft to agree to the accidental pause/home button menu protection, they have been fighting for this since the beginning of development, and Microsoft has not been very supportive of the idea. It’s a feature that would be well suited as a standard for all competitive gaming.
It is also great to hear about the game running faster, I always felt it was a tad on the slow side, so this is another improvement worth valuing.
Skullgirls is now slated for release on PS3 and Xbox 360 in the (hopefully) early first quarter of 2012.
You must be logged in to post a comment.