First trailer for Continuum Shift Extend, the next update for the Blazblue series. New characters are promised, along with an initial PS Vita launch. It is expected that the new version update will be offered on consoles as a free DLC, while the new characters will be optional purchases, much like Continuum Shift II. Arc System Works has expressed interest in keeping Continuum Shift it’s own platform until Blazblue 3, ignoring the Capcom trend of releasing a new disc for each version update.
New features known thus far:
- Online play now supports 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 2 on 4 battles.
- Updated Abyss mode
- Improved key recording in training mode
- The high difficulty 10 stage Unlimited Mars mode from the arcade version
- Four new scenarios for story mode
- Inclusion of a refined version of BlazBlue Calamity Trigger’s story mode, with all new voice acting
- The PS3 and Vita versions will be able to share save data for their story modes.
The rumor is that there will be 3 new characters again, keeping in tradition of Continuum Shift II. So far we know about Relius Clover. Who do you guys think will make the cut? Kokonoe, Phantom, Jubei, Linhua? Let us know in the forums!