A PlayOnline Viewer version update was performed at the following time.
* After the date and time listed below, the update will be applied automatically upon logging into PlayOnline, so please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
[Date & Time]
Jul. 25, 2011 at 21:30 (PDT)
– PlayOnline Viewer
– Copyright date now displays as 2011. (Windows only)
– In accordance with the transfer of PlayOnline IDs to Square Enix Accounts, a number of PlayOnline Viewer functions have been modified.
– An error that would make the PlayOnline Viewer inoperable in the event of a POL-5434 error has been addressed.
[A Note for Windows Customers]
After the update is complete, the PlayOnline Viewers executable file will have been changed to pol.exe. Accordingly, you may be required to update the settings of any security software running on your PC that restricts network access by executable files. If, after updating, you encounter errors such as POL-0019 or POL-1160, or have difficulty connecting to PlayOnline, please review your security software documentation and change its settings if needed.
* The version update also applies to Playstation 2 and Xbox 360.
This announcement was edited on Jul. 26, 2011 at 3:05 to include these console systems.