Details about additions and adjustments coming up in the next major version update have been posted on the official forums. Find out more information about Grounds of Valor, Dungeon Treasure Caskets and changes to monster placement after the jump!
Alongside revamped monster placement [dev1012], the upcoming version update will see the expansion of existing battle content in the form of Grounds of Valor and new dungeon treasure caskets.
- Grounds of Valor Like its precursor Fields of Valor, Grounds of Valor is a battle system based around the concept of training regimes. These regimes will task adventurers with slaying set quotas of enemies in return for experience, gil, and points called tabs that may be redeemed for a variety of rewards. By undertaking multiple training regimes in the same area, players will find themselves able to fell enemies with greater ease and become eligible for more lavish rewards.
To participate, examine a “Grounds Tome” located in one of the areas listed below and select your desired regime from the menu.
- Dungeon Treasure Caskets
Defeating enemies in the following areas may now result in the appearance of a treasure casket:
Ranguemont Pass / Bostaunieux Oubliette / Toraimarai Canal / Zeruhn Mines / King Ranperre’s Tomb / Dangruf Wadi / Inner Horutoto Ruins / Ordelle’s Caves / Outer Horutoto Ruins / The Eldieme Necropolis / Gusgen Mines / Crawlers’ Nest / Maze of Shakhrami / Garlaige Citadel / Fei’Yin
*These features are scheduled to be expanded to other areas in coming updates.
- Several areas will receive adjustments to monster distribution in order to cater to high-level characters.
- The level of monsters near the entrance of affected areas will remain unchanged. However, players will encounter higher level monsters as they venture deeper.
- These adjustments will be implemented alongside Grounds of Valor and Dungeon Treasure Caskets.
* Similar adjustments are planned for future version updates.