Version 0.303 of the WAKFU Closed Beta hits servers today, and it so happens to be one of the luckiest updates ever!
In this patch, we present the Ecaflips, reckless gamblers who leave everything to chance, and the Enutrofs, treasure hunters looking for the mother lode. Both are hoping for Lady Luck to be on their side (or, at least, not actively conspiring against them) as they become the newest character classes to join the World of Twelve!
At this time, we will also be implementing a major development of the Political System which grants Governors the ability to set policies and appoint their own government officials. By delegating his duties, the Governor can eventually go on a much-needed holiday of Gobball-hunting while the subordinates do all the work! Typical…
Unfortunately, to ensure that new data is being tested, we will also be performing a full character database wipe. This procedure will ensure that measurements and other pertinent information have not been corrupted by old issues and bugs.
In order to apply this update, game servers will be offline April 21, 2011 at approximately 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT-8).
- A new haircut has been made available for each class and gender.
- General: Class has been added to the game.
- General: Class has been added to the game.
- Pain Flask: Range has been increased.
- Psyko Flask: Range and MP cost have been increased; chance to apply “Madness” state has been reduced.
- Lethargy Flask: Chance to apply “Sleep” state has been reduced.
- Expert Healer: Healing bonus has been increased.
- Itsade Mark, Eting Mark, Amil Mark, Coney Mark: To highlight the supportive role of the Eniripsa, these Marks will now apply their effects to whomever kills the marked monster, instead of the Eniripsa who set the mark.
- Word of Healing: Range has been increased.
- Word of Invigoration: Range has been increased.
- Renewing Word: Range has been increased.
- Word of Vitality: Range has been increased but no longer heals the caster.
- Regeneration: Reworked; now boosts healing when the caster takes damage.
- Absorption: Chances of occurrence increased.
- Heal Drain: Self-heal effectiveness has been reduced.
- Windy Beacon: Damage has been decreased.
- Blazing Arrow: Chance to apply “Immolation” state has been reduced.
- Destructive Arrow: Damage has been increased.
- Piercing Arrow: The damage has been decreased.
- Wrath of Iop: Damage has been decreased; chance of applying “Explosion” state has been decreased.
- Earthquake: Chance of applying “Stunned” state has been reduced.
- Defensive Posture: May now only repel one attack per use.
- General: Walking animation during combat has been reworked.
- Mudool: Damage decreased slightly.
- Bramble: Damage has been increased.
- Fertilizer: Resist bonus has been increased.
- Wild Grass: Chance to apply “Bound” state has been increased.
- Wood Scent: Range has been increased.
- Doll Seed: Can now only be cast once per turn.
- Tree: Wakfu Point cost has been lowered; regeneration percentage has been decreased.
- Unleash O Doll: Wakfu Point cost has been lowered; added a resist malus on the doll’s “Nettled” state.
- The Inflatable: Doll’s damage at low levels has been decreased.
- The Insane: No longer flees from fights.
- The Sacrificial Doll: The Sadida regains 1 Wakfu Point upon the doll’s self-sacrifice.
Politics and Citizenship
- A Governor can now delegate certain abilities to other players, who will form the Government.
- All Government Officials, including the Governor, will be identified with a dedicated icon floating above their heads. This icon will be visible to all the members of their respective nation.
- Each Clan Member will have a set of four weather bonuses that the Governor (or Weather Engineer) can purchase for a duration of 24 hours.
- Each Clan Member can be interacted with by the appropriate Governor or Ecologist to reintroduce wildlife species (this function is not free, however).
- Each Clan Member can be interacted with by the appropriate Governor or Ecologist to declare a species as “Protected” for a duration of 24 hours.
- Only the local Governor will be able to sit on the throne of the nation.
- Two new roles allow for additional involvement with your nation: the Soldier and Guard.
- Passports no longer require validation. When the Archivist issues you a passport in Astrub, it will automatically be “validated” and it will no longer become invalid upon serving time in prison.
- Haven Bags will no longer be issued by Master Owl, but instead by Hugh Jaxman or Jonk Lees, depending on your nation.
- Line of Sight has been slightly modified in order to allow the casting of traps on large stairwells.
- Monsters that flee from combat (Snoofles) no longer give experience.
- A notification has been added when a monster flees from combat.
- Combat is now “group-locked” by default.
- The XP curves for both Solo and Group play have been revised.
- Experience gain for spells has also been affected.
- Nearly all crafting recipes have been revised for all professions with regards to ingredients and quantities.
- Miners now have crafting recipes in order to polish stones dropped by specific monsters.
- Harvesting tools are now equipped automatically if present in the inventory.
- An experience multiplier was added to certain professions:
- Harvesting professions will gain normal experience when crafting.
- Professions that create equipment will receive double experience on a successful craft.
- Cabinet Makers will receive five times the experience on a successful craft.
- Bonuses granted by food have been reheated — er, revised.
- Pappy Pal is cheaper, demanding merely a single kama to pass. Of course, he’ll now only give you enough minerals to mint a single kama. Nobody said making money was going to be easy.
- The City of Mercenaries opens its doors and welcomes you with open arms as you leave Incarnam. You will henceforth choose your nation here instead of in Incarnam.
- Discover a new Dungeon concept in which monsters advance in waves: Shustuft Crust Rift. Will the sheer number of creatures that descend overwhelm you?
- The pathways which led from the Incarnam Cannons from Bonta or Amakna have sunk back into the sea. In their place, a Zaap has been constructed which will transport you to and from Astrub, and from there, back to Incarnam. Moreover, you will now arrive in your new nation’s capital.
- The Crows are now part of the Moors of Kelba ecosystem. Hadibal Toot doesn’t seem to care one way or the other, though…
- The Taurs and Bully have reappeared in Puddly Village.
- The new territory of Emelka has opened! Overseen by Clan Member Alibert, the local fauna is composed of Treechnid and Araknee – wait, do Treechnid count as “fauna”? Regardless, take caution to avoid the Polters that lurk in the shadows… In order to access the area, the whole nation will have to pay the toll.
- A new species of animal has been spotted in Cania Fields: the Moogrr. On the other hand, someone forgot to deliver the animals’ brains. They’ll just have to make do without any…
- A new island emerges from the mists, waiting to be conquered! Come party with us on Bilbyza’s Jelly Coast, the island that never sleeps! Meet the King Jellix and try some of the island’s culinary specialties.
- A new “Politics” interface is being implemented, accessible within the Community button. This interface will acquaint you with all the political aspects of your nation.
- The Community interface has been revised to directly show the choice of subsections without opening a separate bar.
- The direction indicator associated with the compass has been redesigned: it will now have a medallion in the center of the screen giving an indication of the distance between the player and the target.
- On-screen zone entry banners were reviewed and customized accordingly.
- Various improvements have been made to the generation of World Maps (divergence issues, zoom management, blurring, etc).
- Improvements were made with regards to writing personal notes on the World Map.
- It is now possible to stop following a group member via the Group Interface without bringing up the World Map.
- A yellow bar has been added to the timeline to mark End of Turn to avoid confusion with the beginning of the next turn.
- At character selection, the most recently played character is automatically selected, instead of the character in the first character slot.
- The levels of the states applied by spells are now listed in the spell descriptions.
- The appearance of the Citizenship Gauge has been changed and will now directly display Citizenship Points.
- The Mini-Map now has a background based upon the current World Map.
- The crafting interface has been revised; free crafts and crafts using recipes now use two different interface layouts.
- The minimap only displays characters in groups and the markers.
- The continents of Bonta, Astrub and Bilbyza have a wide(r) range of audio pieces: music, atmosphere and local ambient noises, etc. Further improvement is still required however.
- Emote sounds can now be heard by everyone, not just the character performing the action.
- Certain ambient noises are no longer audible during combat (e.g. nearby critters during combat, etc.)
- The following Clan Members now have sound effects: Forester, Justice Knight, Crocoburio, Root, Macrobio and Alibert.
- The following monster families now have sound effects: Moogrrs, Moskitos, Rats, Treechnids, Dhrellers, Plant Monsters, Boos, Polters, Taurs, Jellies, Mercenaries and Toads.
- Eniripsas and Sadidas’ sound effects have been improved.
- Neither of the new classes, Enutrof and Ecaflip, have sound effects (please do not report this as a bug).
- The state of interactive elements (kama collectors, torches, etc.) is now saved between server reboots, in addition to the number of monsters in each zone.
- Certain transports and zone transitions now have special animated loading screens.
- The Drago-Express now requires community effort to be unlocked before it can be used by a nation’s citizens.
- Problems loading certain pictograms (the origin of the “black areas of the map” issue) should be fixed.
- Movements of monster groups have been improved. They now move smaller distances and no longer separate.
- The character information tooltip is now shown in the proper person’s window.
- Corrected the effects when two identical rings are equipped.
- Changes to characteristic bonuses on item tooltips are correctly refreshed when you change equipment.
- Only characters who were members of a winning team at the beginning of the fight are shown at the end of the fight.
- The state “Heavy Legs” has been corrected.
- Indirectly killing the Incarnam Bow Meow (via summon or bomb) now correctly activates the Zaap.
- Life bars shown with the CTRL key no longer remain permanently displayed.
- The tooltip on the heart showing Life Points is removed when a character is defeated (it was displaying incorrect information).
- If the last monster in a fight is affected by the Mark of Renewal spell, the fight now ends properly and the monster is no longer revived.
- A target revived by “Renewal Mark” is now considered an ally of the player.
- Whoever kills a character with a Renewal Mark will control the revived character, instead of the Eniripsa who placed the mark.
- A monster brought back by the “Renewal Mark” will no longer be Tackled by his controller.
- The amount of life taken by the “Itsade Mark” has been corrected.
- An Eniripsa can no longer revive himself using a totem a Sadida placed on him.
- Cra beacons no longer transform into dolls when they are placed.
- Mousing over a Cra’s beacon while in Spectator Mode no longer freezes the client.
- The Ranged Combat spell has been corrected.
- The bonus from a Cra’s “Precision” skill will now activate correctly.
- Sadida’s “Rust” spell can no longer be cast on an empty square, to prevent abuse.
- Sadida’s “Voodool” spell can no longer be cast without creating a link to a character.
- System Info no longer announces the casting of “Defensive Posture” for an Iop.
- Corrected the System Info error message received when inviting a character who is already in a guild.
- Corrected an issue with the Challenge interface not resetting after a Challenge failure.
- Challenges with no winner no longer display a “false” winner.
- Anchoring of the shortcut bars has been improved.
- Situations where the Options button randomly vanished have been resolved.
- Very small fonts are no longer blurred.
- The parchment interface is no longer larger than its frame.
- CTRL + Left/Right Arrows will now jump word-by-word.
- The APS indicating criminal and citizenship status are now visible to the player.
- You no longer need to double-click to bring up the interactive Radial menu when in prison.
- The fishing rod no longer vanishes while in use.
- Having a tool equipped no longer prevents harvests which do not require a tool.
- Keyboard shortcuts can now be used for planting seeds.
- The act of trampling as part of a harvesting chain no longer breaks the chain.
- Fish are no longer affected by weather, and by relation, the “affinity” System Message has been removed from fishing areas.
- The weather interface can no longer be used in combat.
- The icon of a Clan Member’s nation is no longer displayed when not belonging to a nation (e.g. conquerable islands that have not been conquered).
- A confirmation dialogue has been added when attempting to remove a Haven Gem from a non-empty room.
- “Double-Click to equip” is no longer displayed on items for sale.
- Empty boxes in shop windows are correctly displayed.
- Objects used out of combat on an empty cell no longer generate a system message.
- The Gemlin is now properly silenced when packed away.
- “Huss” emote sound is now fixed.