Eorzea Prelive Wrap-Up!
Now that the Ebisu event is over, a report has been posted on the site for the event detailing everything that was discussed. You can find a summary of the information posted as well as an additional piece of information from the event about special craft projects after the jump!
You can read the full report on the event’s website which also includes information about each city-state’s mission line.
- Adjustments to enmity will continue to be made.
- Adjustments on existing methods to refresh MP will be made and new methods will be added.
- Along with dealing damage, Battle Regimens can also cause effects on enemies such as lowering physical defense, increased casting time etc.
- Some monsters will have certain parts (arms and legs) that can be damaged using certain skills while standing in a certain position. Doing so can weaken the monster, prevent special attacks from being performed and allow the player to receive that damaged part.
- Notorious Monsters (mentioned earlier) will be added, most of them being different in appearance than their family members. Some are larger than Morbols!
- Plans for PVP will be announced in the near future and many class abilities that are already in the game were designed.
- There are plans for large scale battles
Crafting and World Economy:
- Physical and elemental statuses will greatly affect crafting and gathering. There are hints in the game that reveal what statuses affect which aspects. For example, attributes for a crafting class can affect synthesis quality and elemental stats for a gathering class can affect the type of crystals obtained while gathering.
- Parley is a mini game in which players are able to obtain items without the need to participate in combat. If you defeat the NPC you exchange your items for the items you need.
- Ease of using the Market Wards is being worked on and new features will be added in addition to adjusting existing ones.
- Looking into ways to make buying and selling items through retainers easier.
- At the time of release, inventory response time should be improved. Work will continue on this after release.
- Levequests are not able to be retried immediately after failing as a method to prevent abuse of the bonus EXP offered. By returning to the NPC that issued the levequest, players can gain the opportunity to retry the quest objectives.
- A significant reduction in the amount of time needed before receiving more Guildleves will be made. Because of this, the time needed to recharge Anima will be reduced.
- Leve linking will allow two players with the same Guildleve to join together and receive a reward bonus
- Several high level leves will be introduced. New monsters, rules and operation locations will be included in these. Guildleve based NM battles will also be introduced.
- Currently working on new ideas where land and hand disciplines work together with war and magic disciplines to complete certain tasks.
Mentioned during the event but omitted from the report was the news that players will be able to work together to create large items. One of the examples shown was creating a cake and being able to customize it with different decorations! Other examples included a cannon and a small boat.
- Hardware mouse
- Discounted monthly fee payment plans (3-month in Japan, 3 and 6 month plans in North America and Europe)
- Level cap of 50
- Adjustment to UI so player abilities are not reset when changing classes.