Thanks to the hawkish eyes of our loyal IRC members, we have been alerted to the fact that the FFXIV beta application page has been updated with some new, and potentially important, disclaimers.
First, you can now re-apply and, it seems, update your beta application. Whereas in the past it gave you an error message if you tried to reapply, now you can get back to the application form. The fine print now states:
* If an applicant applies multiple times, only the final application will be valid.
Next, there is also now a place to submit a PS3 beta code on the application form. The form states:
* If you received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please enter that code now.
There is some accompanying fine print on this aspect as well.
* If you have received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please use it to apply for the beta test.
* If you have already applied for the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test but would like to apply for the PlayStation 3 beta with a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code, please be aware that all previous applications will be invalidated.
* The promotional code will also be required to obtain the FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, so please hold on to your code until the game’s official release.
Finally, on a seemingly related note, the Japanese beta site has a new (?) sub-page, which appears to confirm that they are now accepting these PS3 applications. We have not, however, located a similar NA page, but will keep you posted. And join us in IRC to meet and chat with the hawks.