Quantcast

Gamer Escape

http://discord.gg/gamerescape

A Podcast Reborn

Moderator: Staff

A Podcast Reborn

Postby Fusionx » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:03 pm

With every day that passes, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets closer to being unleashed on the world.

For the past several months we've been busy behind the scenes working to bring you a show that's even better than before. We aren't quite ready yet to reveal this new show to the world, we can tell you a little bit about what we're currently planning.

Ever since the days of our Final Fantasy XI podcast, Pet Food Alpha, our show structure has been more or less the same and while we won't be changing it up drastically as it's a structure that has worked well for us, we will be looking to incorporate new ideas into it.

The biggest plan we have right now is to insert what we're calling a rotating segment into the show.
Each episode we'll follow our normal structure, we'll read some news, read your latest in game accomplishments, read questions and feedback from e-mail, twitter etc. But in the middle of that we want to have a variety of things that we can plug into the show, something that's not the same each week. Current plans for rotating segments include Strategy/Tips, Lore, Topic Discussions, Special Guests, and Player Fails.

The idea is that while the structure of the show is the same, we try to include some relevant information into the show as well that players will find either informative, interesting, or entertaining.

There are a lot of possibilities for things that we could include into our rotating segments and we'd love to hear your thoughts on them in addition to anything else you want to see from a podcast dedicated to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Perhaps you want to see more video content (what would you like to see done with this that couldn't be done with audio for example), or perhaps you'd like some live Q and As with the hosts?
We're making this show for you! We want to hear any idea no matter how crazy you may think it sounds!

Thanks for listening!
Site Admin
Fusionx

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Re: A Podcast Reborn

Postby Warish » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:05 pm

What about putting links to cool/funny FFXIV videos/drawings/comics you've come across.
Warish

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby Anwyll » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm

I vote Lore and Q&A. Not necessarily Live Q&A as those get forced an awkward at times... but I really love just, like, hey send me a bunch of emails about anything and I'll respond to some of them. Now that I think about it, I may just have an unconscious drive to be the Eorzean Strong Bad.
I prefer to remain Anonymoose.
Staff
Anwyll

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username: AnwyllAtynoson

Postby Urthdigger » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:53 pm

I think it might be nice to play up the live show element a bit more. I used to listen to those all the time, but I stopped because... well, there isn't much difference between them and listening to it later, except listening to it later comes with music and such.

Might be possible to take questions and comments from the listeners during discussion segments. I know it can be difficult to read IRC chatter and talk at the same time, but I've seen other podcasts do this well by having someone whose job it is to screen the chat and pass on questions to the hosts.
GamerEscape's fast-talking, moogle-obsessed, perverted, slam-DANCING moderator
<peer> It's Urthdigger, the lovable forum mod
Staff
Urthdigger

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby Mittens » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am

To start off I love the show and simply wish there was more episodes, more often. I understand with the limited sources and obvious lack of actual "game" there isn't much to go with, so its by no means your fault, and I do hope the frequency picks up with the launch of A Realm Reborn.

That being said what you have with chemistry in your current format is fantastic. I love the people you involve and I enjoy the old hosts popping in from time to time with how they are feeling, being more detached from the news stream.

What I think would improve the show, and keeping with the idea you kind of touched on in your post, is producing segments focused on content. Whether that be found strategies from dungeons, or difficult boss fights, to your own experiences and stories relating to said content. I really enjoy listening to you guys discuss fun experiences or new ways of doing things you've found while playing that you think to other people may not be general knowledge.

I think back to when Limit Break Radio use to do very themed episodes relating to "Walk-Throughs" or "How-Tos" on Einherjar, or how to get Assaults done in each rank. I don't expect or want you to go as in depth as they did because what you have currently is what makes Aetheryte Radio its own thing. I think it would be a neat idea to just discuss certain pieces of content each week and how they work so that new players, and even veterans could glean a new perspective on something from the game and be excited to get in there and try it out.

Hope this is what you were looking for!~ I look forward to the new show regardless.
FFXIV Final Fantasy XIV | KARBINE VASHAI | Live Streaming for people interested in viewing gameplay.Ridill Server | All jobs @ 50 | Crafting between 25-50

http://www.twitch.tv/karbine213

http://xivpads.com/?1372135
Mittens

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby RaveniaDarkfae » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 am

Hello long time Gaming net lurker, first time poster here.

My suggestion like stated on many others is tutorials, not too many people do tutorials for mmo anymore. More so geared to fresh mmorpg gamers. DCUO (ps3 side) is full mmorpg newbies who don't even understand what "healers" are. And ffxiv may get those players. Too many pod casts just do stiff for vets of either the game or mmorpg vets.

There is not alot of moo newbie help and ffxi was once a thriving helpful community from 2004-2008. Then people stopped. Now the community is full of jaded carried through newbies who think they leet. I rather not see ffxiv suffer the same fate, so id you can add newbie stuff once game launches.
RaveniaDarkfae

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Return to Aetheryte Radio Podcast