Quantcast

Gamer Escape

http://discord.gg/gamerescape

Wiki Tasks, Suggestions, Bugs

Moderator: Staff

Re: Wiki Tasks, Suggestions, Bugs

Postby Hezkezl » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Urthdigger wrote:Just noticed that on the Strategy section for quests (As on A Spectacle for the Ages) you can't start it off with a bullet point. I was trying to make it look similar to my dungeon guides ala The Void Ark.

Fixed :)

All of the things should now allow a * to be the first character and properly turn it into a bullet point. (Journal, Strategy, Walkthrough, Dialogue, Etymology, Notes)
Staff
Hezkezl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby Hezkezl » Sun May 08, 2016 1:48 pm

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed :D
Staff
Hezkezl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby nastharl » Sun May 08, 2016 10:38 pm

There seem to be more items that an item is a part of a crafting recipe than actually show in the list.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Hard_Leather for example, is a component of Elm Pattens, Elm Pattens are part of the category, but it never shows up on the list of things hard leather turns into. Is there a limit on the number of results showable in one of those lists?
nastharl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby Hezkezl » Mon May 09, 2016 1:09 am

nastharl wrote:There seem to be more items that an item is a part of a crafting recipe than actually show in the list.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Hard_Leather for example, is a component of Elm Pattens, Elm Pattens are part of the category, but it never shows up on the list of things hard leather turns into. Is there a limit on the number of results showable in one of those lists?

There's no limit to the number of results. Just fixed this problem :) Hard Leather shows up in Elm Pattens again
Staff
Hezkezl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby nastharl » Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 pm

Outa curiousity was it specific to that item or just i found an example at random
nastharl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby Hezkezl » Tue May 10, 2016 7:06 am

nastharl wrote:Outa curiousity was it specific to that item or just i found an example at random

I had put some code in by accident that removed items from categories (it wasn't supposed to do ALL categories, but it did). When an item was edited, the system removed it from all of its categories. So, the item you came across had been edited recently (within the last day) so it wasn't showing up in any of its categories :)

The item you found was just one of the random ones that were affected. Luckily it wasn't too widespread (yet), so it wasn't quite a disaster :P
Staff
Hezkezl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Postby Hezkezl » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:18 am

Gahoo: Saw a complaint on reddit about us not showing Quantity of items received when buying an item from a merchant, on the item's page.. so I hacked this ugly thing together and threw it up. Can you look at it and make it better, please? :X Either another column, or somehow adding it right next to the NPC's name, or somethin..

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Brute_Leech is the example in question.

Changed ARR Infobox Item to use {Sells} price dpl2 instead of price dpl, and added the uglyness in there.
Staff
Hezkezl

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Previous

Return to FFXIV: ARR Wiki Discussion