Quantcast

Gamer Escape

http://discord.gg/gamerescape

Health of FFXI

Moderator: Staff

Health of FFXI

Postby Vandala » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:08 pm

I am a past player who wishes to return and see what is new and fun since 2009. My question is not content it is about population.
Is there enough people playing FFXI now to be able to actually level and have fun? Is SE still investing in it or has it become the red headed step-child next to FFXIV ?
Vandala

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Re: Health of FFXI

Postby Dragoy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Teegrins, Vandala!

The population on servers I know of (Fenrir and Asura) tends to be around 600 at the American regular play-times, but numbers well over 1600 can be seen during the European/Japanese times.

The game has seen the implementation of NPC companions going by the name of Faith/Trust magic; alter egos who are essentially copies of famous NPCs such as Tenzen and Nashmeira.

They're somewhat similar to adventuring fellows, yet different, falling short in some areas such as not having a soul at all, and more, but they're still a relatively new thing. These NPCs allow people to create their own parties, so to speak, and actually level up even without Abyssea.

Speaking of Abyssea, some people still 'leech' their job levels up there, so that works too.

I generally play with a friend or few, and don't even have Seekers of Adōulin, but I still like hanging around I guess. I may not be the best person to say if it's worth playing, but I'd definitely say it's worth trying out for one to see for themselves!

Just some quick-like thoughts!
Kind Regards,
~ The Noob Unlimited ~
Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
Dragoy

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Re: Health of FFXI

Postby Ahsan12 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 am

Hi guys, guess what! ...

Only because, it's a eleven year old game and the company doesn't want it to fail, it shouldn't be a reason to bridge every content of Vana-diel when it's possible to purchase it all through DLC or have it all bundled for less but it ruins the experience of progression and a sense of journey we all the honor of remembering.

(proof-reading... >.> <.< ah screw ww it!) *submit*
ahsan
Ahsan12

gamertag:
Nintendo Network ID:
PlayStation Network ID:
Twitter Username:

Return to FFXI General Discussion